08/27/07 10:42 AM
San Pedro
S
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
Sir Isaac Newton  Offline
S
1/2 as much clothes.......

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Re: Visting for first time in October, need tips! [Re: Sir Isaac Newton] #247601
08/27/07 04:43 PM
08/27/07 04:43 PM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
For original poster, I like the Blue Tang Inn.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Re: Visting for first time in October, need tips! [Re: flyaway] #247604
08/27/07 05:13 PM
08/27/07 05:13 PM
Spring, Texas
HavinFun Offline
HavinFun  Offline
We stayed at Paradise Villas in July - right next door to Blue Tang. We loved the location - best out of 7 trips. Blue Tang looks very nice.
There are two local markets right behind the Blue Tang and at the time we stayed a fresh produce stand too.
It's a quick walk south to the Greenhouse & The San Pedro Market.
They are both on front street - from the beach cut through on the alley by the cemetary. I found the San Pedro Market to have better prices than the two stores behind the condos.
Also, in that same direction on one of the side streets is Dianetta's - fabulous for breakfast - didn't try any other meals. I HIGHLY recommend Warumguma's - absolutely the best lobster burritos.
A little further south down the beach is Celi's (by the Holiday Hotel) - it was very good.
Do not hesitate to try any of the local places especially if they smell good - the food is simple and very tasty.
Reef Adventures is in front of Blue Tang - they offer a variety of day trips.
Our favorite part of the location is that it's close to the residential area and we fished off of the pier with the locals - what fun.
I like to cook as well when I'm down - I bring seasonings in little zip lock bags - the kind for jewelry - pasta is expensive on the island so I bring that, too. We also bring candy bars, granola bars, cold tea bags & splenda, coffee and coffeemate (cause I like it in my coffee).
I'm jealous now cry I wish I was going back soon cry

Time flys - have fun!
Re: Visting for first time in October, need tips! [Re: seashell] #247606
08/27/07 05:15 PM
08/27/07 05:15 PM
Ohio
J DOG Offline
J DOG  Offline
stayed at the Blue Tang 5 or 6 times, love the place, they have a very nice contiental breakfast & will stock your frig with beer if you ask, Fanny & Alan & the rest of the staff are great.
Agree about the glass on the beach, that's why I don't go bare footin. They also have a gas golf cart you can rent.
Great choich Have a great trip!!

Re: Visting for first time in October, need tips! [Re: flyaway] #247703
08/28/07 02:45 PM
08/28/07 02:45 PM
Boston, MA
flyaway Offline OP
flyaway  Offline OP
thank you all for the great tips and eating suggestions! i know we won't go hungry...

what exactly is a pupusa?

Re: Visting for first time in October, need tips! [Re: flyaway] #247705
08/28/07 03:00 PM
08/28/07 03:00 PM
San Pedro Belize
elbert Offline
elbert  Offline
I'm so sure about the translation its not really a spanish word be careful how you use it, but vendors on the street sell it and I would have to say its a Salvadorian small Spanish pizza of cornmeal sometimes with bacon meat.

White Sands Dive Shops Daily Blog
http://scubalessonsbelize.blogspot.com/
Re: Visting for first time in October, need tips! [Re: crockhunter] #247719
08/28/07 05:25 PM
08/28/07 05:25 PM
Ohio USA
margarita Offline
margarita  Offline
Estel's Dine by the Sea Anytime
Shore Lunch excursion on guided boat
Hol Chan Snorkel at night
BBQ's both Lion & Beach
San Pedrano Market has cheaper prices for many things
We cooked our own popcorn, ate PBJ's on fresh bread, lots of food for the porch and great restaurants at night - even pizza delivery if you can't budge!
Fresh Milk can be hard to find as are some USA cigarettes.
Also, I like some footwear because the coral on the beach can give wicked bites! Belize it!

Re: Visting for first time in October, need tips! [Re: margarita] #247852
08/29/07 04:05 PM
08/29/07 04:05 PM
AZ
V
vandal Offline
vandal  Offline
V
Great tips by all for us headed that way. We are arriving this saturday the 1st and staying to the 8th at Banana Beach. Can anyone tell me how far from downtown that is? We also are divers and planning a day trip to the hole and maybe just a short trip nearby. Banana Beach has there own travel shoppe on site to book trips. Does anyone know about there dive operation or who they use. Also if anyone could tell me where the closest place to buy groceries and beer/liquor would be great. We are not planning on renting a cart as we do not mind walking but maybe bikes.

Re: Visting for first time in October, need tips! [Re: vandal] #247860
08/29/07 05:49 PM
08/29/07 05:49 PM
Baltimore, hon
M
McFlaskin Offline
McFlaskin  Offline
M
I've stayed at Banana Beach twice - its about 1.5 miles south of town. I made the walk along the road wearing my (rather large) pack the second time is there, so its not bad. Funny, taxi drivers tried to pick me up and charge me full fare while I was within eyesight of the place! I also made the trip along the beach numerous times, so its not bad.

The free breakfast is definitely worth it - I got the special every day.

I'm not a diver, so I can't comment on which dive shops they use, but people I went with were pleased with how their trips turned out.

Phil

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 111 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics69,365
Posts475,895
Members19,466
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.