Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
T
T

Still way south in track and headed slightly south of west.

Felix landfell as a rare catgeory 5 - 160mph hurricane at Punta Gorda, Nicaragua about 25 miles north of Puerto Cabesas.

Although Felix could make an unexpected turn towards Belize I believe the offical report and storm behavior so far are keeping Felix south of Belize. Though heavy rains could be an issue, I doubt Felix will have much left to it after crossing over the mountains of Honduras.

Last edited by Tradewind; 09/04/07 08:43 AM.
I saw the mention of evacuees on previous page....are they evacuating AC etc now?? Looking at the forecasted track it doesn't look like AC should be more than trop storm??/

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
B
B
No...voluntary evacuation was just cancelled and people can come back to the island. Phew.

cool reference guides ditch doc

[Linked Image]

I fully agree with Tradewind -- that sigh of relief in north Belize may now be sighed (in my opinion!).

But flashfloods and mudslides for our friends in Honduras and northeast Nicaragua...the news will not be good, I fear.

A freaky change could still bring Felix into the south of Belize, but he would be much diminished by passage through the mountains.

'Lena

all clear sounded for Belize

Status of Hurricane Felix

...FELIX MOVING OVER NORTHEASTERN NICARAGUA...MAJOR FLOOD THREAT
LOOMS...

At 12 o clock mid day The Prime Minister of Belize Rt. Hon. Said Musa declared an all clear phase for Belize, however from Independence south to the Belize Guatemala Border there remains a Tropical Storm Watch.

This morning I withdrew the volunteer evacuation phase for both Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker to stop people from carrying out any Evacuation.

The earlier notice of water being shut off has been rescinded. I am keeping the Coastguard on the Island to ensure safe return of our boats and evacuees. The police will keep a watchful eye on the repatriation of our residents and will stay on high alert until things get back to normal.

I am on standby for the south and will keep informed all concerned of any change to the situation. However the Relief and Reconstruction of the Corozal District will continue as soon as the storm has dissipated.

At this juncture I would like to say that without the people mentioned below my task would have been Impossible. I would like to praise:
Government of Belize, NEMO, San Pedro Emergency Committee, Caye Caulker Emergency Committee, Coast Guard, Belize Defence Force, The Police Department, Belize Fire Service, The Public Service, The Customs Department, The Immigration Department, Belize Electricity Ltd., The San Pedro Water Co. Ltd., Belize Water Service, Belize Telemedia Ltd., British Army Training Support Unit Belize,HMS Portland of The Royal Navy.

There were some challenging situations These people and their leaders worked diligently to insure the Safety and Security of all our residents, both of The Cayes and Corozal District.

I Thank God for sparing us again.

Regards,

James Janmohamed
NEMO District Coordinator.

Official at noon: Tropical Storm Watch from Placencia south.

S
S
Still bright and sunny out but the breeze is picking up and the outer bands are creeping slowly towards us.

http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconusir.html

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.