Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
The sports that aren't remotely as popular here as I think they should be are wind surfing and the related kite surfing. Both are available including rentals but very few people seem to take advantage. The wind conditions here are as near ideal as you're likely to find anywhere.

Actually, the only place I have used a wet bike is Key Largo, and it wasn't that long ago. When were they outlawed there?

I've used a jet ski in England and by contrast with wet bikes there's quite a lot of skill required. Quite frightening though - I used my nephew's which (he tells me) will do over 100mph. I'll be surprised if I topped 25mph. I only did it a few times because I quickly got bored.

W
OP Offline
W
thank you all for the replies. i assumed (and you know what that means)that there might not be a desire to introduce them into the island lifestyle. and i agree people do change on a rented waverunner but , rest assured they are useful and fun when used properly and courteously.
thanks again and see you next month!!!!

S
S
What everyone neglected to tell you is that there is an existing rental company on the island "Karibbean Water Sports." It's also rare to see the PWC's operated in a safe and courteous manner unless you call running at full speed off the end of docks and doing 360's between docks safe and courteous.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
KWS do a good job, and anyone who wants to rent one is not disappointed. But as Simon says, there IS a lot of abuse. There is at least one privately owned machine a bit further down the beach from KWS that is generally driven dangerously, with complete contempt for the law and for other people. In my very humble opinion, of course.

#248382 09/04/07 12:33 PM
W
OP Offline
W
thank you all again. what is the price of gas/fuel on AC?

S
S
$10 per gallon + or -

pwc's are always a concern in the south here as well.
IMHO,,, no blame can be placed on the machine itself. modern 'jet ski's' are as fuel efficient as anything, the 4 strokes are next to silent, spew no oils with their exhaust, they use 'jet drive' as not to chop up the manatees we have with props, very little draft to minimize damage to anything they hit, coral and stuff, much less than any skiff.
and there are problems as well,, parts,, forget about getting them 'in country'. and as someone else said, they are annoying. why? because people tend to get crazy on them because it is fun. plus they never really leave the area, they don't go anywhere, they just go round and round.
if there could be a designate pwc area, it may not [#%!] off everyone else.
the entire problem with pwc can be placed on the operator.
again,, just my opinion!

S
S
On San Pedro there is a designated low speed zone off the end of the docks. It's at least 100' (or more) off the docks, neither the renters nor the operators and their staff abide by the rule.

W
OP Offline
W
Very Interesting.
$10 a gallon, wow i didnt expect it to be that high, but then again i dont have to transport it!

B
B
Isn't that $10 bze or $5 US a gallon which is not a lot more than some big marinas in the states charge for the convenience of having fuel available on the water?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.