Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#239479 05/31/07 04:00 PM
T
TIMO Offline OP
OP Offline
T
well, we returned last week from yet another great visit to AC and victoria house, where we met up with old friends and made some new ones. our heartfelt thanks goes out to all of our friends and staff at vh, who always make our stay so wonderful. the new villas there are quite nice as is the new infinity pool in front of them. the president of guatemala was staying in one of the new units for the first two days of our stay. the weather was very hot and steamy for most of the trip with little or no breeze the first 5 or 6 days, and overnight rain about 4 nights.

random stuff........
*we ate at many of the usual suspects and they were all as good as before. the only new(to us) place we tried was capricorn, and while the food and ambiance are very good, our group thought it was a bit overpriced for what we got. the food at vh was very good with some new menu items i enjoyed.

*when did fido's hire the annoying huckster to hawk their restaurant? when we went there to check-out the art store the guy was on us instantly, and we politely declined. after about 10 minutes i went to the bar to get a beer and the guy came back two more times...couldn't take no for an answer.

*didn't do as much fishing as usual and had just o.k. results. fished over the reef all days, and did have some good ones on every day but they won more than we did. all-in all we did catch some decent fish.

* took the cat el gato to caye caulker and snorkeling and had a very nice day. the crew was alot of fun and very accomadating. also, had a very nice lunch at rainbow. while walking around town there i got offered the trifecta by a local entrepreneur. first pot, no thanks. oh you like coke, no. oh you are looking for a lady, no my wife is right there. how about a donation for my cats? lol priceless.

* what's up with the taxis...they were much worse than i remember. when we were on our golf cart they are literally two feet behind our bumper. when i was running one day i almost got picked off 3 times from vh to banyan bay. one late night ride home, was more wild than the fastest roller coaster. we all got out and just said wow.

* one late night at jaguars...is that dancing or full contact fighting. i hadn't had that much contact from people i didn't know since college wrestling. oh well, when in rome....

anyway had another great time, alot of laughs, alot of belikins, plenty of fun.

Funny post, TIMO and your concerns are legit. Glad you had a good time and you saw how things are changing.

BTW, what is a huckster?

Until next time!...

T
TIMO Offline OP
OP Offline
T
aggressive salesperson.

C
C
my wife and i are visiting Ambergris for the 1st time for ten days in november are there any suggestions for must see and do such as food and entertaiment on the Island.
Thank you,

Snorkeling Hol Chan Marine Reserve is something that should be required of visitors .Its the cheapest most fun tour on Ambergris and anywhere you stay is going to offer a trip there at 9:00 and 2:00 daily.
We have a long list of great restaurants ,I like to adventure dine on vacations by not eating at the same place twice,and 10 nights should get about the whole list.
Water Taxi rides at night to restaurants can be romantic.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.