Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Trying to find out about a place called Ramon's for accommodations when I arrive in May. Anyone been there, know anything about it? Is it expensive, inexpensive? Love diving, fishing, snorkeling, good food, margaritas, nice places.

S
S
Ramon's is a great choice for you first visit.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Ramon's is one of the prettier places to stay. Great location, quiet but fun bar, however the food is just so-so IMHO.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Grounds and exterior facade have a great tropical ambiance. Great location, nicest beach area in town. I question whether the price of the actual rooms are good value.

Last edited by seashell; 09/09/07 05:47 PM. Reason: added sentence

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

B
B
Dean was real rough on Ramons. The landscaping, pier, and certain aspects of the exterior took a real beating. I am sure, given the current level of activity, things will be back to normal levels in May. That being said, there are lots of places that offer a better value, IMHO.

How much of that kind of damage happened overall in San Pedro? Is the landscaping and natural flora all messed up everywhere?

B
B
Not really. Seems like Ramons took a pretty good lick, but again, they are going all out to get things ready for high season. Probably time to freshen up as many resorts do over the slow season. The island seems to have the ability to snap back pretty quick. Actually with the new cobble stone roads and the litter awareness campaign, things look better than ever. Should be an awesome high season.

Kewl, thanks.

S
S
Ramon's has an abundance of gardens and landscaping, which make it one of the most attractive resorts in the town core area. The storm thinned out some veg but not too bad. If you are going to be at Ramon's, upgrade to the beachfront units, worth it, especially for your first trip.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
&nbsp Hi crawlinthemallin,
I've stayed at Ramon's and it's okay. It's a very nice hotel and the location is great. The less expensive rooms in the back are a little noisy because they're close to a busy road and the airstrip, but the rooms on the water are peaceful and beautiful. The property has taken some storm damage, but these guys know how to fix that. I was there a few weeks after one of the big storms, either Keith or Mitch, and the repair crews had things back to normal. Go there and have a good time.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.