Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#24896 08/29/00 02:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hi all. i accidentally rambled a brief (ha) travelogue on "cabana" post. lots more still to come, but my darn kids keep interrupting me! spent most of my time singing loud with my cd walkman on the beach ( since i was the only one there far as the eye could see) and taking in the beauty of Journeys end. lotsa nature there compared to town.

neatest things: 1 - the 8 of us who were staying there wednesday nite all watched the final "survivor" (which i had never seen) together at the bar (susan nicely brought all our palleas and fajitas there for us). the comments by our group were too funny!

2 - Richard, a parapelegic from London got certified by steve at the dive shop while we were there. made me feel pretty inadequate as i'm too afraid to get certified! he was a really bright and nice guy, too.

3 - did i mention all the wildlife? herons, cormorants, egrets, iguanas, frigate birds, hummingbirds, little lizards (skinks?), many types of crabs (one in my room at 2am! tap tap tap across my floor!)

4 - fox is apparently going to be doing a reality show from JE soon, there were scouts there the day we came. and are coming back next week. i think it is a singles thing and will be called "temptation" or something. keep your eyes out for it.

5 - the kayak to the bouy was cool, hopped off for a snorkel there, complimentary for guests. skipped the lagoon(which i really wanted to do) for fear of mosquitos in the lagoon.

6 - if you didnt read my other posts, there was actually a day when all others took day trips and i was the only guest at the resort! how often does that happen?!

made some very nice friends and a few travel to PA from time to time and even promised to visit us!

note: to those who have been reading me since before i left: didnt get the massage [Linked Image] (because i couldnt imagine anyone massaging my bites!!) hubby owes me one...

#24897 08/29/00 04:09 PM
S
S
Jane, you'll be glad (I think) to know that the breeze is back, the skeeters are pretty
much gone, and we're back to normal. That was just a rare situation when you were here.

#24898 08/29/00 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
third time, lucky me! yes, glad but jealous...you've read the rest.

#24899 08/31/00 08:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
where is everyone? doesnt anyone love me anymore?? chloe, choochoo, SS, BB, debbie jenn...is anyone out there? read my stuff yet??

#24900 08/31/00 10:17 AM
Don't be sad little Jane!!!!
We read all your stuff. I read everyday. Sometimes several times a day. I'm an addict. When we planned our trip, I was nervous about staying so far from town. (We had boys with us who would have gotten bored) Now that I read your stuff, you can bet just hubby and I will be staying at Journey's end next time. The seclusion would be awesome. Any place to skinny dip without prying eyes? Mostly have tried this at night, but while at Paradise Villas saw a HUGE barraccuda that came up to the pier every night. To "feed" I guess. No such luck with the romance on that account!!! Also to close to town. Not in to nude sun bathing.... just want a place to sneak away to. Exhibitionism doesn't excite me. Is this THE place?
Naughty Debbie
P. S. Don't have a cow "Mom". You know who you are. Am I in trouble like my other sister?

#24901 08/31/00 10:44 AM
J
J
Hi Jane, have read everthing, sounds like it was great (minus mosquitos). I'll have to check out JE on my next trip, though I do like the nightlife!! Too bad about the massage, maybe you can get one at home to reward yourself after all your bites heal!

#24902 08/31/00 11:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Deb, after having two children myself neither skinny dipping nor nude sunbathing was for me! there was a group of italians staying in town when we were there and they were not shy. they visited JE one day. JE does have an enclosed hot tub room, that might work for you, but the pool is surrounded by cabanas & the ocean is too shallow for the dipping, in my opinion. never hurts to try though! we kept to the room for the naughty stuff!
Jenn, JE's rooms are a little old and worn, but you might want to head up there to check out the beach for sunning and the nature thing. very serene. that was the best part! the rum punches are good too at $1.50 US!!

#24903 08/31/00 11:45 AM
I'm reading everything too Jane!

#24904 08/31/00 12:32 PM
Ok Debbie, my naughty daughter, you are out of the will too. Love Mom
Just can't image where you got that skinny dipping from, I still have mine. tehe

Dare To Deviate
#24905 08/31/00 10:21 PM
Jane, have enjoyed your report from AC, though plan to carry large amounts of bug spray to ward off unwanted pests!. Thanks for the information. Will be on AC in early October (hopefully the wind blows a little and the bugs are less hungry!) for about 10 days. When do you plan to return?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.