Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#249214 09/11/07 03:01 PM
D
DrKevbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Planning on playing hurricane roulette and visiting AC for the first time on Sept 21st. We are there to Dive,Dive, and maybe even Dive some more if the Gods allow. We understand that the time of year is high risk because of the weather. We watched Dean go North and then Felix South. Its been a dramatic vacation countdown.
I am having a hard time getting any real information on the dive conditions and what we can realistically expect to have in 10 days. Can any one give us some info on what conditions we can expect?
Also, we were told to check out Ambergris Divers. Are they who we want or do we want to look elsewhere?
Having never been to AC we are flying a little blind, but we have heard good things and wanted to try someplace new

Thanks for any and all help.
To A Bright Future
Drkevbo

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Diving conditions are currently excellent, and there was no damage to the diving from Dean and none at all from Felix. You should have a great time. However, as you say it IS hurricane season, and this one is looking a little active. Make sure you have good trip insurance.

Your choice of dive op may depend to an extent where you're staying, which is .....?

D
DrKevbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
We are staying up north at The Belizean Shores. I have a sneaking susbition that were going to have a killer week. I understand that the island is a little quiet now, Just the way I like things, and so far the forecast looks good ( of course it can change quickly). If worse comes to worse I can sit on the balcony read my book and sip gin and tonics in paradise. A wet paradise but paradise none the less.

Sept. is a dead month and lots of places are closed for slow season, but the Diving conditions are great.
My dive shope is just up the beach from Belizean Shores,(You can see our big flag on the dock). We will be closed in Oct but will dive up to Sept 30th.We pick up and deliver from the dock at Belizean Shores daily.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
There you are then. Go with Elbert/White Sands dive shop. But don't forget the insurance - if worst really comes to worst you'll find yourself unceremoniously bundled off the island, not sitting on your balcony @ BS.

Elbert - what's with the "e"? Trying to sound all Olde Englishe?

just slipped out , must be hanging round to many Brits

White Sands Dive Shop
N
N
I understand, Ecologic Divers is open and are happy to accommodate. They tend to be more 'spa' like in their attention to you, but also very concerned about your safety too. We've enjoyed every trip with them.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
There are several others also open, but Elbert's outfit is the most convenient for the OP.

Peter I'm going out this morning with my underwater camera and see if I can 'one up you' on the great photo of the Basket Star.

White Sands Dive Shop
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Careful Elbert, I do have others up my sleeve!

Incidentally, I have no idea what "spa-like" means....?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.