Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#24961 08/30/00 09:33 PM
T
OP Offline
T
So the minutes are ticking away for our flight outta here!!!! Oh please do tell, how wonderful Journey's End will be...all in all, tell me how great Ambergris Caye will be! We'll be at JE for 5 nights.

My husband and I are lookng for a great adventure...just the 2 of us. What's the weather like right now? Many people? What time exactly does the water taxi end at night for JE?

Where can we see monkey's outside of taking a "Tour"? We'll be staying at Blancanaeux Lodge 2 days (Cayo District) and time won't permit for a guided tour of Monkey River. What about the zoo?

We can't wait to sit on the beach and watch the sun go down :-)

Chuck and Jill

[This message has been edited by TickTock (edited 08-30-2000).]

#24962 08/31/00 09:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hi! if you haven't read me, read my posts!! i just got back from JE last week and really liked it. the rooms are not luxurious, (we had no hot water but was given key & use of another cabana that did, 2 rooms for 1) but the grounds and beach are beautiful and the staff is very friendly. f was very happy with the dive shop and food is good but pricy.
note: sun rises over the beach (east) sets behind the resort. get up early!! the variety of seabirds there is great.
some of the Fox TV people are due in soon, i hope you miss them. smaller crowds = better staff service.
when you get there (tell roberto at fron desk jane from room 8 says "hola amigo") you can walk just south of the dive shop and the water taxi schedule is posted there. i thing 10pm except wed & sat i thing they do 12am and 2am. we were too tired from diving etc to stay up much past 10pm anyway.
also, check out the rendevous restaurant just south also ( 1 minute walk) it was good.
only place i saw monkeys (1993 on mainland) was a visit to the banana bank ranch outside belmopan (worth a trip for a jungle horseback ride if you have the time) they have a pet howler and a pet spider monkey as well as a jaguar (caged), peccary and 2 macaws. simon the spider was allowed to climb on us with a leash. did not see any others.
have fun at JE, i enjoyed it.

#24963 08/31/00 10:35 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks JaneinPA...you're loaded with great information!! I'll make sure to tell Roberto you said "HI"...I can't wait to get our butts there! We leave Saturday at 12:02pm. I'm not too concerned about the water taxi's, I figure we'll be too tired to party past 10:00pm...lol!

#24964 08/31/00 11:56 AM
go to Lamanai to see monkeys... //AmbergrisCaye.com/tanisha/lamanai.html

#24965 08/31/00 12:02 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Marty....again! I can't think about anything else except leaving on Saturday...as you can see, I'm being very productive here at work today :-) I might as well not even bother to come in tomorrow...lol!

Hey, what's the average age for tourists there? Just curious...do you live there Marty?

#24966 08/31/00 12:17 PM
N
N
you should be excited.
we didn't stay at Journeys end but
wish we did.
something is real sweet about the place.
food was good and there is a great
Thai restuarant next door that is spendy
but nummy.
have a great time.

#24967 08/31/00 01:00 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Nick...We'll have to check out that restaurant. There seems to be so many to pick from...oh the decisions we must make!

Has anyone been to Blancaneaux Lodge? (Cayo distrcit)We will be staying there for 2 days...Francis Ford Coppla (sp?) owns it. From everything I've read...it sound fantastic.

#24968 08/31/00 03:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
the french thai place is called rendevous and it is literaly next door to the dive shop, cant miss it. it is the only other restaurant you can walk to. they make their own wine, but i dont drink wine. hubby said the cabernet was very good and friends had the pinot-chardonnay (white) also said good. food at JE is also yummy but you are limited to 3 dinner entrees per nite (sometimes lobster is a 4th) but they change each nite. susan the waitress will keep you laughing too! enjoy, it is lovely there. like all places, it is what you make it. be friendly and smile; it goes far with everyone.

#24969 01/20/01 12:19 PM
M
M
Jane in PA -

Wondering how your trip was to Belize, and if you can offer any information, as we too are from PA (near Philadelphia) and are looking forward to our first trip there - 4 days in Ambergris Caye (Victoria House) and 3 or 4 days in Cayo at Blancaneaux Lodge - heard any reviews on this place???

Also interested in spotting monkeys and wildlife!

#24970 01/20/01 01:21 PM
J
J
MyMedka -

My husband and I were on Ambergris in September (Journey's End) it was beautiful!! Loved every minute of it! We then ventured onto the main land and stayed at Blancaneaux Lodge...it was breath taking. We stayed in cabin #4, right on the river...we have both agreed it was the best nights sleep either one of us ever had [Linked Image] The decorations, people and landscaping are fantastic. Be prepared to completely relax. The food is delicious but expensive...enjoy yourself. Do spoil yourselves one night and have a bottle of the Niebaum-Coppola Blue Label Merlot...its a meal in itself!

As for the monkeys...go to the Baboon Sanctury...its quite a drive and you'll feel like you're completely lost...but keep going. I couldn't believe it when we got there...no fences, its 100% in the wild. The roads flood quickly even with a little rain so becareful...we rented a 4 wheel drive and still got a bit squirely in parts. Tons of fun!! The Howler monkeys where everywhere...I mean one troop was about 3 feet from our car...and LOUD! you'll see some pretty interesting things along that path. I highly recommened it, but take a lunch its a long drive.

Hope this helps...have a great time!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.