BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
OP Offline
W
Do the grocery stores in Caye Caulker sell american steaks so you can cook your own???

Why would you want to eat American food when you are in Belize? Eat what the locals eat, yummy!

I'll make dinner as soon as I find the ice cream scoop
The grocery stores carry ground beef/steak and generally sell "stew-worthy" quality cuts. If you really can't live without a steak, bring your own filet mignon on ice. My advice is to do without the steak and focus on the fresh lobster, fish, conch, shrimp etc. And when you get tired of eating fresh seafood (as if), chicken is abundant...

W
OP Offline
W
So what your saying is american beef is not available on Caye Caulker. Is that correct?

C
C
Correct, it is not. I do not eat much meat. I do like a good steak on occasion, I was a butcher at Safeway Stores for 15 years. The meat here is too lean, no marbling, tough. However on Sundays for $5.00 you can get a tasty braised,baked t-bone at Auntys, complete with mash potatoes, gravy, sauted onions, carrots, veggie salad and fried rice. Been here for 7 yrs and the only place I have had a good med-rare steak is at The Cozy Corner in Placencia. As far as meat goes stick with pork chops, The Lamb Chops at Hannahs in San Ignacio are the best I have ever had!!!!

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
S
True, true. Lino's has a very good tenderloin that comes in on Wed and Sat (not sure from where). He sells the whole tenderloin for about $25BZ. It's actually really good right so, or you can marinate (lime or papaya) if you want. I grill em', broil em', and ever bake em' whole. Makes good carne asada off the grill!

Check out Lino's when in town Cooper (if you haven't yet).

Cheers!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
S
For the most part, stay away from the steaks, is my usualy advice. But once in a while I get a nice suprise by someone who knows how to prepare the lean beef down here.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
C
C
WHERE IS LINOS???? What town? Is it the meat shop across the Bakery
in San Pedro?

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
S
Yes, across the bakery branch in town.

W
OP Offline
W
To many people getting side tracked. The question had nothing to do with San Pedro. The qustion was posted under the heading of CAYE CAULKER... Again are there any grocery stores in Caye Caulker that sell american beef???????????

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day