Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Hi everyone, After reading about the constrution at Captains Morgan's I am changing my reservations. According to the resort they only do construction from 9am to 4pm, so what if your on vacation and you want to sleep a little late. Anyway, I was thinking of maybe Ramon's or Banana Beach but I am not sure. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thank you!

The Palm condohotel right next(North) to Ramon's is an excellent place to stay. Very nice rooms, way better than the inside of the ramon's cabana I saw. We were there in mid-August and got a ground floor that opened to the beach for $90 US a night(the offseason "walkin" rate) plus 12% for tax etc. they have a nice pool, I think, 2nd only to Ramons of all the places south of town. I looked at all of them.
The Palms was also close enough to town it only took a few minutes to walk there. so it was easy to go to town to check email, shop, eat,wander around several times a day. Bananas is far enough away its not too convenient to walk. So therefore you have the hassle and cost of bikes or golf carts.
hope this helps.

P
P
Reefer,
Which condo were you in? I've heard good things about #33.

"There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like a complete idiot." Wright
S
S
This year I have stayed at two different hotels just south of Ramons. In Feb. it was the (Playador/Exotic Caye) and the room was the pits, then in July I spent a week at The Belize Yacht Club and it was great. It is not always true you get what you pay for but in this case it was true. I must add in all fairness at both hotels the employees were great but the quality of the physical condition of the rooms, AC, TV, phone and furniture made the BIG difference. At the Playador there was no TV or Phone althouth there was a very,very noisy window AC stuck through the concrete bedroom wall.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
boob, (can i call you that?), i didnt see anyplace other than ramones and journeys end from the insides. rooms at JE (just a way north of CM's) are small and a little old, but the grounds were tranquil and lush. not so in town. we didnt spend that much time in our room, but we had pretty nice weather for the most part. where cm's is located is different than in town, more private, a little more remote. in 1993, i saw the grounds of b. yacht club and they were pretty, but that was 7 yrs ago. depends what you are interested in, party or relax mode?

B
OP Offline
B
Jane, At this point I just want to know that I can sleep late if I want to. I was really upset when you told of the construction and I am afraid there will not be much available. I told my travel agent to look into JE and a couple of other ones hopefully we can find some place else so I do awake to the sound of hammering. Thanks for your help. Jenn

B
OP Offline
B
Everyone else thank you for your help!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
good luck. check out those island maps on the home page and get an idea where each hotel is in relation to town. you will see there is a great difference, north, south, or in town when you get there.

C
C
Check out Belizean Reef. I will stay there in Oct and was given a great rate of $68 per night for a condo. Full kitchen etc. It is next door to Ramons and a one block walk from town. I will report when I return.

M
M
Just got back...did 1 week at Banana Beach Resort.....really nice, brand spanking new apartment-style units, wonderful courtyard swimming pool area with tons of gorgeous tropical plants as decoration. 1 mile South of town, far enough to avoid the noise of town, close enough for easy access to the shops, discos etc. BUT! best part was the friendly staff. One very happy camper!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.