Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
You folks just don't know my wife, Karol. She actually has ironed my t-shirts (not the yard ones) over the years. 'Tis the truth!! So bear with me... if mom ain't happy then....

If you see someone running around in the same outfit for more than two weeks it will probably be me!!

Julian & Karol - Upstate SC

The laundry at the north end of Front Street (Candace's) is owned and operated by a great Belizean guy named John Goff who goes by Max. Candace is his daughter. They charge $15 BZ per load and I sort mine ahead of time. They are washed, dried, folded and sorted and come back looking and smelling wonderful. They will be so smooth that your wife will not have to iron them. I could not possibly do that myself for that price. The other great thing is that you can get them back in the afternoon if you take them in that morning. Nellie's used to take 3 to 5 days.

Last edited by ScubaLdy; 09/26/07 10:47 AM.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
Nellie has offered same day service since long before ScubaLdy was even here!

JZB Offline
Although you may not care, if Nellie's does not have a full load of your clothes, they will get washed with someone elses. I also remember a long time ago that Nellie's had a problem with rusty machines that would often transfer rust stains to the clothes. I don't know if that is still an issue since I have to do my own laundry now. frown I'm not dissin' Nellie (I love that lady) but thought you should know since your wife sounds very particular about your laundry.

Ha Ha Julian My cousin always tells her husband and son that "if mama ain't happy no one will be happy"

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

K
K
I use Nellie's all the time and during high tourist season they don't have one day service.

S
S
It's a matter of getting your laundry in right when they open and then asking nicely if you can have it just before they close. If you can do that you can usually get one day sevice anytime of year.

S
S
"Asking nicely" works everytime.

OP Offline
Thanks, ScubaLdy!

Just the ticket...

Julian & Karol - Upstate SC

JZB, so funny... I often recall a time when my friend got his laundry done by an establishment (I won't name) and got all of his items back however, his black polo shirt had a light blue polo man on it instead of the red polo man it had on it going into the place! :P

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.