Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
E
E
Banana Beach, have you no compassion ? smile

On one trip we purchase some cheese from Island Grocery and when we got back to our condo and opened it up it was all moldy. We brought it back and they acted quite put out that we wanted a refund. We have shoped there every trip, but after this thread....no more!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Good luck on suing anyone for anything. Have tried, got horribly attacked by two rottweilers, couldn't work for 3 months, came within 24 hours of having my foot amputated! You are kind of on your own here. In some ways, it's good, but in a lot of others, it's HORRID!! I love Cholo's golf cart rentals, if the cart doesn't do what it's suppose to, they exchange and I really haven't heard anything bad about them! I lived next door to Island Supermarket when they first opened, some of the best prices around then, I only go there to get cat food (persnickity cat) and boiled peanuts in a can. Can't afford them anymore. After they had a bad fire and a bad hurricane(Keith), they got more expensive and do what they want. Sorry for the golfcart incident. That hurts this island!!! and there are so many good people here who would look after you!!!

Can't find my plane...
L
L
Wow, sorry to hear about this experience. Obviously, a rogue dog started this whole chain of events. I hope someone took good photos of the golf cart. I would want to be at a hearing in Belize, not depend on an attorney there.

Makes me think of 2 very unpleasant travel experiences years ago, both in Mexico: in Cabo, a pack of wild dogs surrounded us, just walking down a public street, growling and bearing their teeth. Quite scary. We managed to jump up on the seawall and onto the sand, very slow and quietly. Years later, my former husband and I parked our rented VW on a street in Cozumel, leaving our snorkel gear and a bunch of gifts/souveniers we bought, locked inside and hidden. Went to drink and eat, came out, and the vehicle was gone. Towed away, we discovered, allegedly because we parked on the wrong side of the street. Had to go to office of head island Commandont - the dude in charge. I was so nervous. Guns, uniforms, etc. $20 bucks and 2 minutes later, we were out of there, with all of our stuff still in the car! Never so happy to give anyone $20 in my life!

At least you still are having some fun. Good luck

M
M
Sorry to hear of your experience w/Island cart people. Wishing you well.

We were just about to make a res w/same company, as that is who I think our hotel suggested. Not sure who it will be now, however, I know who it will not be.

They had too many chances to take the high road and fix thier "error", and didn't do it. Shame on them.

Glad you are enjoying your stay anyway!!!

Mitzi

Mitzi- On my last two trips to SP I have used " Carts Belize" through The Resort I stay in ( Xanadu). I have never had a problem with them .*

* this is not an endorsement, just a suggestion who you might want to rent from. Ask them about thier 20% discount program.

Never Use money to measure wealth
S
OP Offline
S
Hello,
Today is the day we are supposed to be in court. However we needed to be served papers to go and that has not happened as of yet. So, we are on our way to eat breakfast at our resort and if nothing comes up we are going snorkeling! I am sick of waiting for them. Maybe they've been reading this message board and have changed their minds. Yesterday evening the police cheif said that they had not filed papers and if we were not served, go about our business (or vacation). I am going to call amex later today and hopefully our money has been returned.

Hopefully they make it right and then drop the issue. It is evident that a lot of folks monitor this board, including the local expats and business owners. More importantly, the tourists and prospective tourists.

I know this adds a different color to the vacation, but I see you are enjoying the rest of it as best you can. Every place seems to have its predators, unfortunately.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
So true Bobber and other who mentioned the fact that they had a few chances to make it right... stooooooooooooopids! They have certainly lost out on business just simply from this thread and from the locals who know what's going on. Shame on them... probably will have lost at least $6000US!

Greed is a terrible master. I see no other reason for such behavior.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.