Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#250891 09/26/07 10:26 AM
OP Offline
All of the newspapers are doing a great job of reporting the clean up campaign.

Tammy Peterson is leading a tireless crusade. Sine some of you may not get any of these notices I am posting here her latest report.

Hello All.....

Well we are a week out of October, the actual "Clean Up San Pedro Campaign"....Now is when I need volunteers for areas that you live in or work in or "just care about", to see cleaned up. Take pictures of before and then after. If you see an area that is being abused take a picture of it and we can notify owners......then if nothing is done have it cleaned up and charge the owners....
(People that already live in areas that are cleaned up, "especially up North" please pick an area in town that you would like to help). I have the map of San Pedro/ all of Ambergris Caye in "grids"...
What I need from individuals is to take responsibility of is being the "eyes" and "education" of each grid....I need business owners, and homeowners and renters to take on where they live or an area you care about, to talk to and explain to others in that "grid" what is going on the month of October...Pick a spot you care about or as in my case "drives you crazy"!!!! This means taking on an area, talking to them, showing them what "clean" is, helping them...Tow it way, tear it down, shown them about breaking down boxes, raking under trash containers, where trash goes in general....NOT ON THE GROUND! Awareness of what and how that is accomplished. If you need trash cans, or if you need help with "something" that needs ALOT of help, then you email me and we will try to get you what you need. If all can "pitch in" and find trucks to remove debris, or man power to move items to the dump, put together teams for removal, what ever it takes! But I need help! EVERYONE THIS TIME!

I am again, working on trash cans, and what is acceptable with the Mayor herself...I am working on larger receptacles for trash on outer areas, a actual trash truck (small) one if not two....I am working to reorganize the Town Street Cleaners... This is ALL going to take time, but if you help...It will be much easier....I need your support!

I have already had several volunteers for areas....Yes some areas are horrible and will need "group" efforts...such as DFC! We are aware of that and are working on that one imparticular! But it is only once we will need the group efforts...Then it is maintenance...Showing how to maintain is HUGE!

So please I need your help with this part....This is a big part of what this clean up is about!

When you decide what your area is, please call me so I can come and meet you and we can put it on the map...226-3023 or 620-0009......Certain areas if they are not requested, we will call to ask for volunteers. I have spent a fair amount of time figuring out what is where and who is where on the map...Remember I am still a "rookie" so even as small as Ambergris Caye is....I still had some help with what is where.

Please MAKE TIME for this!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
OP Offline
Here's the latest from Tammy:

Okay everyone...This is it!...

I need your workers, I need your employees, I need your care takers, I need BODIES! I need YOU! "Put your money where your mouth is", was said to me...I agree! This week is the first kick off weekend of October and we need you......please show up and help! smile Team Work ... Community Effort!

Tomorrow is DFC we are starting at the Sausage Factory.....working South....We have big truck, and a back hoe.....We need more...If you have a truck or heavy equipement...We need it! This is where EVERYONE flies over FIRST and sees this when they visit our beautiful island....So stop saying "you hate the trash" and show up and help us clean it up.....Bring your rakes, your shovels, pitch forks, your gloves, trash bags and WEAR SHOES! We are not going to "burn" anything tomorrow, we are only piling it up to be burned, still too wet!

Please come and help...Everyone says how much they are "in" support of this but I am surprised at the turn outs of people who ALWAYS have something else going on....We need you...we need support!

Thank you in advance.
See you at the Sausage Factory at 7:00 am...with smiles on! We only go to about 11:00.

Harriet is are Water Lady....and hopefully Zoe has retired from "Bag Lady" .....

Tammy Peterson

PS: Then please come to the North Neighborhood Watch Meeting (if applicable) at noon & and then the Northerners Meeting immediately following.

Harriette
OP Offline
Here's the latest - for Saturday - October 6th.

Tomorrow we have lots to help! The schools are "Pitch In".
The main group that has been working every weekend is going to meet at 8:00 (not 7:00) and starting from the round about towards town.

The Island Academy students and teachers are meeting at the Distributorship at 8:00 am and cleaning the surrounding areas.

The students and teachers from Ambergris Elementary are meeting at their school at 8:00 am and cleaning the surrounding areas.

The students and teachers of New Horizon, along with Mayor Paz are cleaning their school grounds and surrounding areas Sunday morning. Saturday is their day of worship....They are meeting at 8:00 am.

The students and teachers from the Roman Catholic school are meeting at 8:00 am and cleaning their school grounds and surrounding areas.

There will be a person at each school to give out trash bags and direct people where to go.

Please come and help!

If you would prefer to go to one of the other "groups" than the Round About. Please feel free. Hopefully we will have a great turn out this weekend again....

Harriette

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.