Next Thread
Print Thread
#251346 10/01/07 08:49 AM
Z
zemquoi Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
hey all,
I am coming in as a first timer to AC and have a question about fishing gear. Should I lug my own gear (rods, lures etc.) to the island or do guides usually provide gear? I would hate to pack it and not even use it (which sometimes happens on other trips). Can you rent rods if you want to take a stab at fishing on your own? Any advice?

Thanks!

BTW - this is a great message board and very helpfull, thanks to all those who take the time to answer all these "dumb" questions!

zemquoi #251365 10/01/07 10:04 AM
depends? Are you avid or rabid? Trolling stuff use theirs. Light tackle or fly - if ya got the "goods" bring your own.
Usually always bring a rod case with light and medium favorites but offshore fishing stuff is too heavy to bring. JMHO smile
No place that I know of to rent decent tackle but many guides supply it. Check with your Captain, see what they have.

zemquoi #251366 10/01/07 10:09 AM
All [GOOD ]gudies have there own stuff.I go down once a month to fish and my guides have good equpt..If you want bring a small two peace spin rod and reel 8 lb or 12 lb test . that you can fit in you suit case great!! You can try off the some docks or beach.And thats other story where???.But be very careful who you use as a guide there are very good guides here but get a local one who knows there trade not some pick up guy who solicits you on the street!!!! I use fishingsanpedro.com a buddy of mine his name is steve he brokers for ten local guides and takes master /visa a big plus .We also have a few tackel shops here ..Any other ?????? send me a pm on the board and I will chat with you and share info .Tight lines and good fishing...

Living The Dream Every Day!
captjeff #251466 10/01/07 08:43 PM
Z
zemquoi Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
I am seriously RABID and frustrated at that! It has been a long summer of hard work here on the east coast and my fishin machine has lain idle for too long. I missed the entire spring run here. I will come by to see Steve when I get to town in a day or so. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the info, the fishingsanpedro site is great.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.