Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24
It is nice to know that when the chips are down, that there are some shinning stars that aren't afraid to step up to the bar.

Kudos to all that have help a fellow tourist, and gone above and beyond.

I'll make sure I patronize the shinning stars if I can, when I return to Belize.

Thanks for keeping us posted, and best of luck on Tuesday.

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
Sandra-rx, I do hope it all get sorted out tomorrow.

All the best.

This whole thing absolutely appalling! I lived in San Pedro for three years, and while I had some issues with this grocery store a number of times, I put it down to my own negligence when I bought things past their due date (still on the shelves) and was overcharged or double-charged for items. I got better about checking dates (though they also got better when they began rubbing the dates off), and I became hyper-vigilant at the checkout for pricing (they often tried to overcharge, but I caught them and they corrected themselves without any animosity). I heard plenty of people tell me to watch it when I shopped there, but I tend to see the best in people and stupidly, I always gave them the benefit of the doubt (they were busy, going too fast, etc.). Now I'm seeing it all in a new light. I realize I don't have both sides of the story and I reserve final judgement until then, but given the little things I saw on a daily basis this story rings too true. I'm sorry, Sandra. This just sucks to have happen on your vacation. Glad it didn't sour you on San Pedro and the mostly wonderful people who live and do business there.

Last edited by kayesscee; 10/01/07 11:14 PM.
Sandra, best wishes for a good outcome. As for the other parties that have gotten involved (even when they didn't have to), my congrats for getting involved. The people of SP are very special, and this is another confirmation. Doing the right thing is the best advertising available, and they will definitely get my business. Others won't of course.
Sandra and Norman, thank you for not caving in like most people would. Saying you would come back says loads about your character, I am impressed. Something may come to a head here that has probably been brewing for awhile.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
J
J
Any more news on this fiasco? Wow, scarry that these crooks at Island rentals are getting away with this. Yes?

J
J
Any more news on this fiasco? How are these crooks @ Island tour rentals are getting away with this? Seems like locals would want to nip this kind of stuff in the bud before SP gets a BAD rep.. HUH?

According to the last update I received the San Pedro Business Association has taken over liability, and they are on their way home.
Jan

E
E
I salute the SPBA.

My salute also. I assume that taking over liability does not mean that it is resolved. I would like to see what the final resolution is. After getting one side of the story, it would be interesting to get the rest of it. At least they are on their way back to their lives. Hopefully, justice will be served.

Again, thanks to the SPBA, they are honorable people and will continue to get whatever business we can bring their way.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
They just took off and are in the air.

Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 186 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.