Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24
I have been following this mis-fortune and I have to "belize" that Sara and husband will win in the final court battle. I am extremely impressed with all of your support. I says so much for a community for people to stand against injustice. I am equally impressed with the SPBA. In all my travels I have never heard of a business association assuming such risk for a tourist. Wonderful. I will be coming down in March for 2 weeks for the first time (already have reservations at Rubys)and was going to shop at Island Store and rent a golf cart (10% off coupoun)but not now. I also know a goup of 10 that will in SP November 1st and they will not shop there. This business is going to loose the money equivalent of "many new golf carts".

Sara and hubby: The news article said that you live in Phoenix. I live 90 miles North of you in Prescott Valley. Hope to see you around. If you guys ever escape the valley madness and come to the mountains, give me a call. cell: 928-713-1993.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
There are plenty of alternatives to Island Supermarket - for groceries or golf carts.

Time flys - have fun!
When I was in Belize last, I purchased a case of Diet Dr. Pepper at the Island Supermarket (the only luxury I missed while there). They charged me $80 BZE for the case. I was shocked and haven't shopped there since.

Are you kidding me deadserious, they charged you $80.00 and you paid it and now you're mad at THEM and are not going to shop there???? It sounds to me like you have the problem. I'm pretty sure as soon as I saw or heard the price the deal would have been over for me.

ahhhhhh haaaaaaaaa! Bing, I'm sure they did not actually pay the $80!!!

A
A
Deadserious did not say he paid it, he said that they charged it. I would not have paid it either. The trip prior to our last at AC I was shopping there and I tried to keep it down a little because I only had $190 BZD on me. He rang everyting up and it came to $310????? I said I was going to have to put something back and that I would like to go over the bill. After investigation I found 2 packs of Colonial's charged as 2 cartons! Error???????????

Updated the news articles on this subject (not making an new post though, because enough has been said) and you can find it here:
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Main/26668/Number/251596#Post251596

For those coming or wanting to come to Belize that feel intimidated by this story, I would like to refer to this quote from Sandra in the San Pedro Sun: "The San Pedro Business Association has been great. If we had been elsewhere and gone through an incident such as this it would have been completely terrifying but having these people help is just amazing," stated Sandra.

S
OP Offline
S
Missysp,
This thread is about an incident that occurred last week involving two tourists and a golf cart accident. Why don't you take a moment to reflect on the language you're using and how trashy it sounds, learn from it and come up with something insightful and constructive to discuss?

S
S
Amen

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
S
OP Offline
S
Portofino,
I hesitate to give this anymore press as I feel it is no longer constructive. I never intended for anyone to cancel their cart reservations based on our story, we do not want any of the fine upstanding businesses on SP damaged by our "incident." I feel compelled to say a few things to future tourists. Anyone who travels as extensively as Norman and I have to foreign countries runs the risk of some "incident" occurring during their vacation. No one ever expects it, but it can happen. I think that for the rest of my life every night before I go to bed I will thank God that when it happened to us, we were in San Pedro, Belize. This story should educate travelers NOT shun people from renting golf carts or cause them to change reservations to stay closer to town. Having been to San Pedro I can tell you that while its charm is in part due to its small size, it would be hard to get the full appreciation for the island from a bicycle. There is so much to see and experience and a golf cart affords you this opportunity. I am almost sorry I shared this story as I feel some people may now be hesitant to visit- to you I want to say if you deny yourself a chance to visit this island you are robbing yourself of a truly wonderful experience. My husband and I have always wanted to see the world and we've been to many places- now all we want to see is Belize. Once again, we did so much while we were there, we dealt with many of the businesses and have only positive things to say. It would break our hearts to know that the town was adversely affected by us going public about one incident with a single company. WE LOVE BELIZE!!!

Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.