Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
gabby Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hello - Is there somewhere I can find information on any guidelines and/or restrictions on living in Belize and working (telecommuting and traveling) for a company based in the U.S.?
Thank you!

Online Happy
Ask away, we will help all we can.

G
gabby Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I want to move to San Pedro, and continue working for the company I'm employed with in the U.S. Is there anything special I have to do on the Belize side of things? I've read everything about retiring to Belize and starting my own business in Belize, but haven't run across anything that addresses living there and making my paycheck from another country.

Online Happy
If you are just doing your work over the net, you are fine to go. Pay your fee to immigration every month to renew your passport and enjoy the life. High speed internet is expensive here and not reliable as you are used to in the US. But it is doable.

G
gabby Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Excellent. I've spent quite a bit of time there, so I'm familiar with the internet speed and price, and that works out just fine. Does anything change if I want to declare residency?

G
gabby Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Also, I'm going to have to be traveling quite a bit, at least once a month. Any problems there?

C
C
I think if you want to apply for permanent residency you have to stay in Belize for a year straight. Someone more familiar with this may want to clarify.

S
S
You can be out of the country for no more than 14 days in the year prior to qualify for residency.

Online Happy
You are allowed to leave the country no more than 14 days during the course of your first year. Any more than that and you have to start all over again. Are you single or married? There are advantages to residency but it does not make sense for everyone. Now it is 25 US for the first 6 months then it jumps to 50 US per month. If you are out of the country for more tnat 14 days straight, the process starts all over again. Lots of decisions.

S
S
If you work in Belize you should get a work permit, to be legit, no matter where you clients are.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.