Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#252714 10/12/07 12:52 PM
AKloon Offline OP
OP Offline
We will be in San Pedro on Nov 10 for about 5 months. We have a 15 yr old daughter and were wondering what the teens do down there and are there many and how do they meet?

We are awaiting our condo to be built at Reef Village and will be renting this year. Quite excited about this next adventure in life, my 15 yr old may not be embracing the change as well as her dad and I!

This forum has been a wealth of information. So much so that I haven't had a need to ask many questions. Thanks to all of you knowledgable people who take the time to answer all the questions us newbies ask.

Cindy

AKloon #252727 10/12/07 01:26 PM
S
S
Cindy,

When I moved down with my folks I was 17 and we moved to Cayo. Things were very different back then and it took me a while to warm up to Belize. I eventual fell in love (w/ Belize) and I moved here permanently on my own a few years later.

As far as AC, tons of kids and teenagers abound. If not home schooling (I did), going to High School here is a great way to get involved in the local culture and to make lifelong friends.

I enjoyed travelling in the region with my parents, the Cancun area was a blast as a teenager.

Here on the island, SCUBA would be great. I wished I learned when I first moved here. Joining a sports team or dance group may be enjoyable.

For the most part, get her out and about, it's not too hard to meet folks while walking around town and on the beach.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
AKloon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks SIN

We do home school. We lived in the Bush in Alaska since my daughter was 5 so she hasn't been to a real school. Recently, we sold our lodge and have set our eyes on a warmer clime. I'm sure she will do fine after we get there, she's just afraid of what she will miss by not staying in Alaska full time. All her friends are envious of her travels, hopefully she will come to appreciate them too at some point!

Cindy

AKloon #252830 10/13/07 09:07 AM
akloon, there is a small group of girls that are doing an internet high school program together - in the Reef Village area.

They are a nice group of girls and the should be a good crowd for Younger to meet initally.

She might be a little homesick and miss her friends for a while. But there is a lot of adventure here on the Caye if she is willing to get out there.

How exciting for your family to be making the big move!

See you soon.

Amanda Syme #252847 10/13/07 02:03 PM
S
S
Amanda has a very cool daughter too!

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
AKloon Offline OP
OP Offline
It certainly sounds like a friendly community. I'm sure she will do fine. We look forward to meeting everyone!

AKloon #252907 10/14/07 01:10 PM
My eldest just moved to London for 6th form. But there are a lot of teenagers around to make friends with.

Amanda Syme #252909 10/14/07 02:09 PM
I strongly support Amanda's suggestion. These are good girls. The boys will be all over her and she may like the attention. I will leave it to others for more caution but you will have to be aware of the culture here. Where will you be renting? These girls that she should hook up with live in that area.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
ScubaLdy #252963 10/15/07 10:16 AM
AKloon Offline OP
OP Offline
Don't even want to think about boys yet. Will probably be more my problem worrying about her than her being able to deal. I hate to admit that I'm not sure of the address we will be at. It is south of the cut but toward the north end of town on the ocean side.

AKloon #256917 11/16/07 11:54 AM
AKloon Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,
We are finally here and would love to contact the home schooled girls. We visited Reef Village and are staying on Boca del Rio in the Caye Management building. No phone, so the forum or email would be great. Would love to meet some of the faces that we see so often on the forum!

Thanks, Cindy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.