Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#253202 10/17/07 11:45 AM
L
lil'red Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I was watching a commercial on TV and was hit with a touch of nostalgia at the sight of a child jumping into a pile of maple leaves. Autumn is one of my favorite times of year in Nova Scotia, when the leaves turn rust, gold, and red, and everything smells so crisp and clean. I loved going to the farms in Acadia and picking apples for pies and apple sauce. Making jams from the pears, plums and peaches. Chow, pickles, beets, relish and getting the harvest in and preparing the cold cellar for winter.
I guess you can love where you are but should never forget where you have been........

It hits me like that also.
but so does the northern breeze beginning to get cool on the island.
Its really a sign of winter coming when we see flocks of tourist flying South .

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
So you're from Nova Scotia lil'red?
I have traveled all over the world and although I have only spent a month during heavy winter in Nova Scotia, it still remains one of the nicest places I have ever been to - with some of the nicest people I have ever met.
Miss the changing of the seasons too, by the way...

I love fall. My favority time of year to be sure. I need to mke enough cash to build my winter home in AC but stay in Ohio June through November.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
lil'red - I'll make you a deal, girlie! You come home and stay for a month in the fall, and I'll cover for ya there! laugh I can't sing or run a restaurant, but with the help of a few dozen Belikins, I'll try my best!

BTW - the colors are especially awesome this fall.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
B
B
Years ago I would take a ride to St. John's from New Hampshire this time of year. Every year for more than 20 years. As i got older I would cheat and take the ferry to Portland on the way back. It's kinda nippy on a bike this time of year in those parts. I keep forgetting how lucky I was to be raised in that neck of the woods.

S
S
i'm from new england, rhode island actually.this is a very special time of year, for me anyway. like lil' red said the colors are brillant, air is crisp. lot of raking to do but hey. the smells in the neighborhood could make u loose your way home.but still i love san pedro town. one day will reside there when all my things r in place. and then n.e.will be a memory. a nice one.

C
C
I know the feeling of missing the colors of fall always nice to take a ride on the week end and stop at orchards and buy fruit to take home and can,but I sure dont miss the snow!

L
lil'red Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Ah, I have a better idea.............You come here, I'll buy you a Belikin and we'll eat tacos from the lady on the beach, lol. Have a great weekend, and drink a Schooner for me!

Couldn't find any Schooner lil'red, but did have a couple of glasses of Jost wine and 3 Keiths. grin

I like your idea better - see ya in Feb! laugh

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.