Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#253622 10/20/07 07:01 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I am researching for our trip this Feb. I think I have it narrowed down to Xanadu or Belizean Shores. We like a nice pool, kitchen in room, and nice grounds. I like the sounds of Xanadu but it doesn't seem to have a bar or restaurant. Belizean shores sounds like it is perfect for us but it sounds like a pain to get to and from as far as having to take water taxis. Any input would be wonderful. Are there restaurants close to Belizean Shores or Xanadu that are good?
Also I can't find Xanadu on Expedia, Orbitz or Hotels.com.
Also is there a dive company close to Belizean Shores, I noticed that Protec was kinda close to Xanadu.

Last edited by Scubabum; 10/20/07 07:02 PM.
If you walk south from Xanadu (left foot in water) there are several restaurants about 5 minutes away. El Divino at Banana Beach, Ricos bar and grill at Banyan Bay which are close. A couple others further on down. There are some bars down in that direction too. If you hike out to the main road from Xanadu there's a local restaurant called Antijotos which has really good food at great prices. Also a few chinese places around that area which serve good, inexpensive food.

Not too sure about the Belizean Shores scene, but you'll most likely have to take a water taxi every time you want to come into town. Not sure if you can make it on a golf cart.

This might muddy the waters but Banana Beach is just a bit from Xanadu and has all of the features you are looking for. Two pools, a great restaurant (breakfast in the restaurant each day is included in the room price), a fabulous bar (best rum punch on the island!), full kitchens in the suites and a travel shop on site.

I'm not sure that you'll find most of the hotels in San Pedro on Expedia, Orbitz or similar sites and even if you do, you can generally get better deals through this site.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
L
L
Personally, I would go with Xanadu. Excellent staff and location, and a setting that is truly beautiful. Susan is a wonderful hostess, your would be so very happy there.

i like banana beach also nice clean resort very nice pools
breakfast was great staff is very friendly and helpful i thought belizean shores was abit to far from town

Last edited by losendos; 10/21/07 01:53 AM.
Xanadu is smaller and more quaint. They have a nice pool, small but my kid loved it. The staff is top notch willing to go the extra mile for you. I wasn't getting the speed out the internet and mentioned this to one of the staff and they found a way to increase the speed i needed. Overall it was a great experience.
All the dive centers will pick you up at the dock, so it is better to go with the dive center of your choice, not the closest to the resort.

S
OP Offline
S
wow, I just emailed xanadu yesterday and already got an email back. Said they don't have availability unless its a two bedroom suite, due to a Wedding party held there at the same time. I am impressed with them already, but now might have to look elsewhere.
As far as using this site to book a hotel... I'll try that.

S
OP Offline
S
To Ecodiver do you work for Ecologic Divers or did you use them while you were there? Would you recommend them and why? thank you for all the replys.

S
S
Look at Ecodivers profile for your answers.

Dear scubabum
yes, i am one of the owners of ecologic divers. But prior to starting Ecologic, my family and i stayed at the Xanadu resort twice in two years.
I am not tring to mislead anyone just giving a point of view from a past guest.

Last edited by ecodiver; 10/21/07 06:12 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.