Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#253845 10/22/07 08:58 PM
B
bram Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hey does anyone out there travel from Canada to Belize? I am in western Canada and have been trying to find the most direct route. Everything so far goes through at least 3 US cities and takes over 30 hours. Anyone with ideas would be appreciated.

bram #253849 10/22/07 09:30 PM
S
S
i would fly to toronto and then to belize may be one stop either houston or miami...id pick houston personally...but also read somewhere that signature vacations now flying direct from toronto for the high season...not sure on this you will have to check it out.

bram #253850 10/22/07 09:31 PM
I gather you are trying to book a cheap ticket on an internet site. The juice ain't worth the squeeze as our Capt. Jeff would say.

If you are in Western Canada (Calgary specifically), fly out of Calgary through Houston on Continental. You'd leave Calgary around 7 am, be sitting with your feet in the sand having a beer by 6 pm.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

samray, there's very little sense in someone from Western Canada flying to Toronto just to catch a direct flight to BZE and most certainly not with a stop in Miami (or Houston) on the way.

T
T
I agree, Calgary to Houston, then Continental to Belize City. The Continental plane can be kind of full, and squishy, but it is only a couple of hours.
See the other thread about Miami. Stay away from that airport. We have been coming down for 14 years or so from Vancouver Island and now we fly Comox to Calgary, Houston the BZE. Except when my husband gets tired of the simple way, then we fly on points to Cancun, which usually takes us though Toronto, but what the heck at least we don't have to go through Miami again.

Well, there's another problem potentially. I see that Bram is from Edmonton. Getting a Continental out of Edmonton and for a reasonable price is doable, however, it has a stop in Seattle and then overnights in Houston before continuing on to BZE.

I don't know if this is what Bram was getting at or if my original assumption was the correct one. Regardless, Bram, I've stayed in Houston on the way down and back to Roatan many times.

Yes,yes, I know we are talking Belize but I don't have the same connection problems out of Calgary for Belize as I do for Roatan so I'm talking specifically to my experience with overnighting in Houston.

If you can leave Edmonton and return on a weekday versus a weekend, you can get a much better rate for the flight (ie $892 vs $1344). You can get a pretty nice room at the Sheraton North Houston for around $100 (with free airport shuttle service) and just consider it a nice relaxing part of your holiday that kept you from having to spend time in Calgary. smile

I agree SS - overnight in Houston, early flight to Belize City, water taxi to SP, then on the beach with Belikin in hand by early afternoon!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Nova #253888 10/23/07 09:49 AM
T
T
One problem we had with Houston was if you arrive late (after 11 pm) few hotels still run their shuttle busses. We finally found one, Hamptons Suites I think it was, that runs unil 1 am. Anyways, make sure you check this out before reserving. Also, I think it was Katrina that caused this glitch, but we used to just arrive and start phoning hotels from the airport, but after Katrina, we found it very difficult to just pick up a room. So now I reserve at Hampton.

SS you don't have to stay at a hotel in Houston! My home is yours... but Jana has known to kick so leave a bit of room for her.

BTW, I don't sleep in the middle!

If you can swing it financially, the Marriott at the airport is tops and is ON SITE! No shuttles, just that the terminal train that takes you to all the terminals and also the Marriott. It's great!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.