Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#254048 10/23/07 10:11 PM
B
bram Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks to all for the suggestions for flying from western Canada. I did manage to find a flight from Edmonton through calgary to Houston and a connector flight from Taca(?)airlines to belize city to arrive at 5pm the same day.

Has anyone had any experience with the Taca flight?
Does arriving at 5pm to belize city put me in too late for a water taxi or ferri?

Great news!

Take the puddle jumper flight. Won't cost you more than staying overnight in Belize City. Make a reservation on the last flight of the day.

Bram, how much was your flight(s), all in? How long do you have to get your bags at Houston and see that they are transferred onto TACA, and then get to your gate?

Last edited by seashell; 10/24/07 02:24 AM.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I fly Taca out of California all the time and love it. (Drinks are free! wink ) You will be too late for the water taxi but not the flight on Maya Air or Tropic, which will run you about $55 US one way.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
B
bram Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Its not cheap. Including taxes $1,419.65.
I will have 1.5 hours in Houston to connect to Taca.

I know Houston is a big airport, does this sound possible?

Houston is easy to navigate I have found. Should not be a problem.

S
S
i should have changed my chat name to "my 2 cents" ..1419..holy...have paid from bc to toronto..300 and can get to belize for 600..including taxes..i still stand, go to toronto and fly from there...anyways you bought already...check again next time..enjoy your vacation.

Geez Bram!! Did you tell us what dates you're going?? Seems to me, that's really quite high unless it is Xmas.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

A
A
The range that we have to pay to Belize is anywhere from $950.00 to $1500.00. Depending on if we hit a seat sale or not. The cheapest ticket, as of this morning, (a mid November flight or a mid February flight)from Toronto is $1056.00 and they all involve an overnight each way if you are going to Toronto from the west. US Air has had seat sales as low as $450.00 Toronto to Belize but I haven't seen that price for at least 4 years. Our flight in February is $1150.00 and we get there in 1 day and back in 1 day. We start out on a flight at 6 and get to Belize at 16:40.

Holy moley these prices are crazy!!!!! but I guess a fact of life from the west coast of canada ,just got a ticket for a local buddy used miles but I did check price to buy oct dates like 15 to 21 a coach ticket belize continential to Houstan then on newark and back r/t was only $552..complte with all taxes..Again it is off season..

Living The Dream Every Day!
I guess I have no Gripe with a fare of $671. Charleston S.C. to Charlotte N.C. then direct to Belize City from Charlotte. With those kind of prices from Canada I would be a very Infrequent visitor to the Island I love.

Never Use money to measure wealth
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.