Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#255041 10/31/07 07:26 PM
B
bram Offline OP
OP Offline
B
If I arrive in Belize city at 4:45pm, is my only option to get a room in belize city or teh night?
I hear water taxis end at 4:30.
I am already paying $1,300 airfare from edmonton, in 1 day but arrive at 4:45. Really didn't want to buy another flight to island. If I do fy, what time is the last flight and how much are they?

Does anyone know of a decent room in Belize city for around $20.00?

S
S
www.tropicair.com should help you, no need to stay in the city.

A
A
The last flight leaves Belize International fo San Pedro at 17:40 almost an hour after you arrive, you should make it. The flights are $57 US one way or you can pay for a return flight for $109.

Hon Offline
It will cost you $25 to get into the city and $10 for the water taxi. Add that to the $20 that you're willing to pay for a room and you've paid for your flight out of BZE.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Hon #255125 11/01/07 04:21 PM
In a nut shell, fly to the island from international air port where you will be arriving. nothing else makes sense.
It will be obvious to you when you pick up your baggage where to go, catch the tropic flight to the island ,just follow the crowd.
Its a quick and easy flight and best way.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
bram Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks everyone, you were alot of help. Sorry about all the typos in my original message I guess I was excited about trying a new place!

&nbsp bram,
it'll be good to see you on the island. Your best bet is flying to San Pedro Town, especially if you're solo. I take the water taxi often, because I enjoy the trip. If you are feeling up to it, I recommend you try the water taxi when you have the time. On your way out to the island, take the plane for your first trip. You don't have a lot of time since your flight into Belize is scheduled for 4:45, and you will want to get your holiday started.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
Definately fly like they all said...you get in after the last water taxi but have plenty of time to catch the flights.

Hi there Bram,

No one seems to have addressed the issue of your first nights hotel cost: is it already paid for on San Pedro as part of your trip, or are you buying the first night wherever you decide to stay?

It will cost you $25 us for a cab downtown, then $10 us in the morning for the water taxi, so about a $20 "saving".

What is your room rate in San Pedro? The Belcove, www.belcove.com is right by the swing bridge, is $27.50 a night for a budget room, and they do a $20 airport pick up, but if you want to do anything other than stay in your room and relax after the trip, downtown Belize City may not be the experience that you are looking for!!

If I'd just spent $1300 lunies on a flight, I'd get to Sun Up for a combo fried rice ASAP, and forget about trying to save $20!!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
I believe the water tazi is running $15 US one way, these days. Also, both Tropic and Maya Air will give you a discount if you ask and pay cash at the counter.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.