Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
OP Offline
F
Not sure which airport to use, when I type in Belize in Travelocity, I get a choice of three airports. I went to AmbergrisCaye.com and not sure if San Pedro is the closest airport. Thanks!

you fly into Belize City then fly to San Pedro which is real fun

F
OP Offline
F
What do you mean by "real fun"?

I believe he was in reference to the puddle jumper from BZE to San Pedro

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
The Airport designator you use to get to Belize is BZE.
Once you arrive at Belize City you then board a small 13 passenger Airplane either Tropic or Maya Air to get to San Pedro. I have always used Tropic.But, Maya is just as good and they fly the same type aircraft that I could see. By "Real Fun" I think it was ment to descripe the flight over to San pedro. It's a short 15-18 minute flight and you very very rarely get above 2000 ft. So the scenary is spectacular. The water is so clear in places you can see almost straight to the bottom, or maybe what I percieved as the bottom. For me, its the best part of the journey to Belize.. Then of course there is the 'REAL Fun" of being in paradise.

Never Use money to measure wealth
JZB Offline
Yes! You can see the bottom. My favorite part of the flight is trying to see all the critters. Theres always eagle rays you can see from the plane and sometimes nursesharks. I've seen the pod of dolphins around Caye Caulker and closer to the mainland you can usually see manatees in the water.

My last flight out of SP, I saw what I thought were manatees. We were high enough I couldn't be sure but thought that's what they were.

The flight is the best!!!! Ah, now see -- no more work for me today -- too much daydreaming.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE that flight...... the hum of the engines, the scenery...the different shades of blue water.... I'm sooo chomping at the bit to get outta here!

Take the road less traveled
Oh, you people! We are coming for the first time and I just can't wait worth a darn....

Julian & Karol - Upstate SC

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 196 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.