Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#255734 11/06/07 11:52 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Firstly, this forum and its users have been great in my research on Belize. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

My wife and I are planning to visit AC end of Feb '08. We really wanted to find a mix of quiet, rustic, cabana on the beach style experience with daily snorkel/kayak adventure and a few trips to town for dinner. Oh, but on a tight budget... ($100-150/night $US) Not looking for fancy at all.

We were dead set on Salamader Hideaway because it was so out of the way, unique and cheap, but found out it is closed! (sidetrack: does anyone have info on the re-opening of Salamander?)

Our short list now is Caribbean Villas Hotel, The Tides, and Caribe Island Resort. With Banana Beach as a 'mabye' due to costing more and seeming 'busier'. (we had a few other choices that don't have rooms available - Coral Bay Villas, Corona Del Mar..)

Any experts want to chime in? Are we overlooking a real gem somewhere else?

These places all seem to have a great mix of proximity to town (we love walking and don't want noise and beach traffic), cheap, and nice beach to hang out on. Whats your pick?

How about Mata Rocks, it's right next to Banana Beach, great beach bar & dipping pool, not as busy as B.B, also free use of bikes.

We have a garden cabana available for the last week in Feb (2/24 to 3/2), 2 1/2 miles north. Lovely area, only 4 units on the property, so no crowds.

www.cocotalbelize.com

You might want to consider Exotic Caye Resort nice beach area and closer to town. Great Bar too.

Of the four on your short list, Caribbean Villas is by far the most private, with the most spacious grounds.
The Tides is a great value, and is a fun "local" style location with owners who really care about the guests.
Caribe Island and Bananas are for those who want a familiar US-style place and both are popular with tourists.
If you want something like Salamander, try Tranquility Bay -- it's in the same area as Salamander and in a truly beautiful environment.

B
OP Offline
B
thanks all for the comments thus far. I think we are on the verge of going with Caribbean Villas. Just have to determine if no air conditioning, no pool and no TV is Ok! But its the cheapest, perfect reviews, and seems to be the quietest.

What this barge nearby i read about in a lot of reviews? I assume it not enough of a distraction to worry about.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Caribbean Villas has A/C!

O
O
Caribbean Villas is great. Stayed there our last two visits. Yes they have A/C.

B
OP Offline
B
sorry i should have been more specific - the standard room at CV that I was offered does NOT have air conditioning. But I understand the suites do. This is according to CV.

JZB Offline
It is still nice and cool in the evenings in February. You may not need AC unless you will need to shut all the windows to keep the sand flies (no see'ums) out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.