Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
My pal is not a very good swimmer and gets pretty scared whilst snorkelling. She can do it but only if someone is right with her that she feels she can trust. She's never snorkeled any place like Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley, so I'm thinking the fear is going to be times 10. Still and all, she's game, so I want to make sure she's hooked up with the best and most attentive. Thanks.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

No need to wait for a guide to reasure her...let her know ahead of time that there are many areas of Hol Chan where she will be able to stand up at any time she wants to, and can explore as she wishes without ever being more than a few yards from waist level water. Other than Haunuma Bay State Park in Hawaii, I can't think of anywhere I've been better for beginers, and I always try and get at least one "2nd dive of the day" there as the lights usually good for photos

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
OP Offline
Thanks for that, but I would never encourage anyone to stand up at Hol Chan. I'm all about the coral. smile

And be that as it may, while there may be a few areas that she can stand up, there are more that she can't. I don't know how tall you are, but I can't stand up at Shark Ray Alley, but then I'm not the least bit uncomfortable with the whole thing.

My friend will be. She'll be scared about the snorkelling, just in its own right . . but once she sees the nurse sharks and the rays, she's really going to be scared. I'm admiring how she's keen to do it, even though she knows how she is when snorkelling.

B
B
Highly recommend Reef Adventures - they have at least two excellent snorkel guides who will hold her hand all the way and always get +++ feedback from guests.

Cap'n Ron
Reef Adventures
San Pedro, Belize
OP Offline
Biggs is probably one and the other one is who?

Last edited by seashell; 11/08/07 02:31 AM.

Tulu is one of the most patient non-judgmental guides I've ever encountered - plus it's always a small group with him and he has extra time to devote to the timid. I've personally seen him work miracles!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
OP Offline
Ya but . . smile

Tulu will literally take her by the hand and guide her. He does a fantastic job.

DITTO! what Leah-Ann & Kris said.

My votes for Tulu as well - a total sweetie. For extra confidence, have her wear a life jacket strapped around her waist - will help her float better.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.