Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I posted a serious question about Dallas, it was highjacked and then someone removed it before I could read if anyone else posted after my comment post (after the joke).

For any of you who responded with helpful information, and wouldn't mind repeating it, please private message me.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
you'll need to repeat your question if the original thread was deleted.

Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Amanda, those who responded will know - evidently it became quite a post so I'm told - probably the reason for it being pulled.

Subject: Living in Dallas - only those with constructive (non-bashing)feedback should respond to me privately, if they so choose.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Gela, no one bashed you or the thread. There were recommendations about Arlington (my vote if it's Dallas), Fort Worth, Grapevine and one other... these are all places in the Dallas vicinity.

When asking a question about where to live in Dallas, you should expect the light jabs. We all think "our" city, within TX, is the best. However, you did get some good responses.

Hope they find what suits them! smile

Ah, and a co-worker of mine suggests Colleyville for good schools, low-crime, high-average income area. I want to move there!!! ha!

The thing about "living in Dallas" is that relatively few people actually live IN Dallas. During my 8 years in the area, I lived in Grapevine, Highland Park, Plano, Irving and in an old warehouse down town.

All offered very different lifestyles, and I was at times drunk, sober, married, single, working, unemployed, wealthy and broke, all of which contributed to my perspective of how certain areas were to live in!

If there are kids, then school district becomes a huge issue, and if a job is already in place, then acceptable commuting time from the place of the job will narrow down the areas to live in.

One very good thing to note if considering a move, is that North Dallas (Plano, Richardson etc) area real estate is a bargain compared to many places in the country

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you all for reposting. The original post was removed, I have inquired why - but so far no answers from the "powers that be".

D
D
Depending on where they work, my sister lives in the Wylie/Sachse area and loves it. Her husband works in Richardson, and it's a quick commute.

I guess we missed the original post. We live in Mesquite (NE Dallas). Have lived in Dallas and several suburbs. What was the original question?

Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
knowell, I was just asking suggestions of areas to live, etc. Friends are taking a survey trip next week and are considering making the move.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.