Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Hello All,

I am trying to put together my next reprieve from Purgatory.
I am dying to get back to AC (anybody want to hire a Geek?).
I am soo looking forward to diving there again. As I haven't
had the opportunity to dive COZ yet and flights to CUN are notably cheaper I thought I may fly into CUN & then fly, sail or drive the rest of the way. Wife is good with the plan as long as
a long bus ride is not part of the adventure.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Steve

PS: Does anbody know if Corona del Mar sold? Last time I was there Barry Bowen was sitting at the table downstairs with Helen shuffling paperwork. I fear if he bought the property it may spell CDM's demise.....

S
S
Cuidado, Barry's the best.

Bus, taxi and sometimes flights fromt the Cancun area. Sometimes it's not worth the savings.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
M
OP Offline
M
SIN,

I don't quite understand your reply. I am in search of transportation other than bus from PDC, COZ or CUN to Ambergris Caye. As flights are consistantly cheaper into CUN and I have not yet had the oportunity to dive COZ I would like to fly into CUN and meander my way down to AC stopping to dive on the way.
I would be most happy to take the bus but my most understanding & tolerant Wife draws the line at bus transportation. With all of the S*&T she puts up with from me I would be a jerk if I didn't give her a break once & a while....A boat ride would be great if we can get hooked up.

BTW: I have so enjoyed reading your contributions to this forum I would most like to meet you in person when I make it back.

S
S
The Caribbean coast of the Yucatan is amazing. Tulum to Punta Allen is gorgeous, really nice an still authentic. Xcalak offers some great diving at Chinchorro, tons of great stuff and wrecks too. Cozumel is ok, very commercial, cruiseship city. I still like Playa, Cancun is getting very young, like Highschool/College aged party central.

If you make it down to Xcalak, you can get a boat transfer to San Pedro from anywhere for $US150 - $US300. I have a friend hear on the island who can pick you up in Xcalak early and give you a transfer/tour to San Pedro, it's about an hour away give or take for bad/good weather.

Tulum is magical.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
&nbsp Mohave_Steve,
as I recall, Purgatory is a pretty nice town. However, I can see why you'd want to make good your escape before the ski tourists come. Now, from Cancun you could charter a sailboat and head south to Ambergris Caye. There's no ferry. You could drive, but the rental car would probably have to be exchanged at the border. You know how they are about taking rentals out of the country. You could fly, but once again there is no scheduled flight between the Cancun/Cozumel area and San Pedro Town. You'd have to charter.

&nbsp If you're in the neighborhood, you should dive Cozumel. I would. The diving there is great. You might also dip a toe into the cenotes along the Yucatan coast.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

&nbsp

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
M
OP Offline
M
SIN,

Was a pleasure speaking with you yesterday.
I see a plan coming together. Perhaps I could take a couple of days working my way down the coast to Xcalak then boat to AC.
That sounds like a trip worth taking.

I spent a week in PDC last year but didn't see much beyond the bar & the dive boat smile . My first time trying an all inclusive with a dive operation on property.

Could you point me to more info on your friend & boat?

Maybe the house will sell & I can make it a 1 way trip?

Thanks

Steve

M
OP Offline
M
Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I have been wanting to dive Cozumel for some time. I hear the diving there is almost as good as Belize smile
I am also wanting to dive the Cenotes.

To clarify: My "Purgatory" is not in Colorado. It is not quite Hell but close.
Local saying here "It's not Hell but you can feal the heat from here".

I had to break out my winter shorts & flip flops yesterday. It was only 90......Brrr!

M
OP Offline
M
SIN,

Question about traveling from Xcalak to AC. How would I handle customs & imigration?

Thanks.

Steve

M
OP Offline
M
Further research tells me that San Pedro is a Maritime Port of Entry and we can land there and report to Police/Imigration for entry into Belize. The info also stated that we needed to present a crew manifest and boat documentation. I wouldn't think that would apply. Can anyone tell me how this works?
Thanks

Steve

One of our boats left an hour ago for Xcalak. I asked our capatain about the rules and he said, "be sure and go directly to the police station/portauthority office, don't stop for a beer first or your in big trouble". same is true going the other way check in first and your OK.
Hea guy stop in and dive with me while your here.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.