Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
Wow it must get really cold!!!!!!!!

I didn't actually mean it to be as rough as it could have been taken. Sarcasm, English humour at it's worst/best perhaps.

However, I know it was a long and painful process for Chris and the other residents in the area and someone outside of the organising group (ie not Chris) told me some residents didn't come through with their initial pledges, making it more expensive for the others. Therefore any donation from unaware residents will not go amiss.

i guess theres people who want to go to 'another' country, without having to deal with being in 'another' country.
all that wierd culture and crap that goes on in them.
we have a friend back in denver who won't come visit because her boyfriend can't play golf?!?!?

K
KB Offline
K
Phil - no offense taken....I'm a big girl! Part of the fun of Ambergris is the small town attitude. We often joke about starting a rumour at north end of the island and seeing how long it will take to get to the other end of the island. Next time you have a question....just ask me.

I think lots of people had to work very hard for all of the services - only Coral Cable seemed eager to come down and give us the services we needed. We still don't have BTL service. Getting electricity took years of effort from several of my neighbours to the south. As a homeowner I appreciate their efforts and am always willing to do my share. I am aware that some people didn't pay...karma will get them as it always does.

The South Beach development will take years and millions of dollars so I am not worried about it happening any time soon. I do think my point about the dump smoke is well made and think someone should introduce the dump onto the South Beach Site Map.....just for fun!!! If I knew how to hack I'd do it myself.

You have to give them credit for thinking big though!!

S
S
There is a plan somewhere in the bowels of government to barge all trash to the mainland to a dump there.... Someday...

K
KB Offline
K
wouldn't that be nice!!!!

I wasn't being sarcastic. When I had a home in San Pablo - or Swamp Pablo as many refer to the area, we experienced hurricane Keith. There was 6 ft of water in my grand floor of my home. We hosed it out, threw away a lot of stuff, and started over. Yes, there was always the risk that it could happen again, but the risks are fairly minimal.

Homes in the UK have been flooding each and every year for years, and yet people stay put. There are huge forest fires in California and Florida every year, but people stay. There are tornadoes throughout the midwest, but people hang in there.

Everywhere has risks. Each owner has to weigh up what they are willing to put up with - what they are willing to risk, to live their dream.

I don't see where or when I tried to imply that buyers shouldn't know risks before they buy.

You know that I am a full disclosure sales agent.

We have to remember that different people value different properties for a wide variety of reasons. I imagine South Beach will probably sell in similar price ranges as Reef Village. Hey, less than $150K for a water front condo with pool, bar, gym etc is not a bad deal - if you like that kind of thing.

South Beach will only help appreciate the value of your own property and your neighbours.

Yes, progress sucks. We would all love to keep San Pedro to ourselves, but that isn't the way it works.

Constructive critisism is always welcomed. Come up with some solutions to perceived problems. But please don't have the attitude that "I have got what I wanted, now I am going to discourage all the new comers from enjoying the Paradise that I love. I want to keep a status quo and enjoy my home without those pesky johnny come lately people ruining my peace and solitude."

My Dad lives in Florida too. And when there are storms, and hurricanes, and freezes, and tornadoes and brush fires, and raised home owner rates, and high insurance rates and high property tax rates - you know what I say???? Dad, come on home, the climate is lovely.

Hurricane Dean damaged 90% of the piers on the island this past storm season - and now the piers are fixed. Who fixed them? The people that care, and need the piers.

No one is making more (significant amounts of) Caribbean Land. There will always be a market for caribbean water frontage. There will always be a huge demand for these properties, and they will always sell.

For those that may believe I might have a vested interest in South Beach - I don't. In fact I would love if the island would stop development for a few years and improve on infrastructure. But I know that won't happen.

We will all need to adapt to the progress and changes.

We can do this gracefully, or kicking and screaming. I know which route I have chosen to go.

I have been here almost 30 years, I grew up here. The changes have been astounding and shocking. Some changes are good, some are bad. We need to find our "happy and safe location" and enjoy it. Life is too short to spend too much time raining on other peoples parades. I spend a lot of my time explaining reality to folks that have wonderful stars in their eyes - enamoured by the island and island living - most come back and give that life a try. It works out for some and others find that they need to move on... But thank goodness they took the leap and tried. Eyes Wide Open.

Nowhere is perfect, and everyone that knows me has heard my complaints - but all in all - I wouldn't want to live anywhere else on this earth at this time in life.

Viva San Pedro!

S
S
AMEN!

I second that AMEN. Very well put, Amanda. Thanks for adding some rational thinking to this.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
never mind,,,,

Last edited by Barnacle; 11/28/07 11:19 PM. Reason: erased it all
Bill, I know what you mean, and I'm with you - the scary part is that the developer has already proved himself, so this might actually happen - whether it's good, I don't think so, but that's just my opinion and I can and have been wrong on many occasions.

Live and let live
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 317 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.