Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I broke my arm trying to pop a wheelie on my bike.. was 12 at the time. Yep, he was a showman for sure.

Croc, everyone has bones in their closets, just some are better at hiding them.

Take the road less traveled
oh, and here I thought Croc was talking about Henry Hyde...

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
I like both wheels on the ground and not to fast.
also like getting old.
Do you know what a red neck says just before he dies?.....
...."Hea Guys,Watch this!"

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
Or "Hold my beer"...

&nbsp Reaper,
I'll miss Evil, too. I remember watching him at the Las Vegas jump, thinking to myself "he'll never live through that crash". What did he break, a few dozon bones?

&nbsp He was never my hero, I followed guys like Brad Lackey[1], Dick Mann[2] and Joel Robert[3]. Steve McQueen was a hero, since he was in the classic On Any Sunday and rode as many of the movie scenes that he could, including some of the ones in The Great Escape.

&nbsp I watched Evil. He was a bit of a clown and kind of a circus geek, but he was an American icon. He's probably lining up a jump between the clouds in heaven, even as I type.

Dan

Note 1. Brad raced for Husqvarna, CZ and three of the "Big Four" Japanese factories. First US rider to win the 500 GP Championship.

Note 2. Bugsy Mann was a racer's racer. He won Daytona, rode dirt track and set the 24-hour speed record, saying "it's the most boring thing you can do and still be doing something dangerous".

Note 3. Joel Robert may have been the most naturally gifted rider in history. He'd show up at the race hung over and too late for practice, waiting for the start with a cigarette in his mouth. Then he'd beat the pants off all the guys who worked out, ate right and practiced constantly. One of his teammates at Suzuki asked for a demotion to the 250 class, so that he could get away from Joel and win a few races, so Joel jumped to the 250s and kept beating him like a runaway stepchild. He was really gifted.

Note 4. What can you say about McQueen? The guy was a good actor and a suprisingly good rider. He went to bat for motorcyclists when the public's idea of motorcycling was the Hells Angels stereotype. I've been told that he walked off the set of The Great Escape when they required a stuntman for the scene where he jumps the old BMW over the barbed wire. They had to go drag him back to the set to finish the movie. He wanted to do that jump himself.

&nbsp

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
Croc, relax...he was my CHILDHOOD IDOL...you know, when you don't know anything about a persons personal life, nor care at age 8, because he seemed WAY cooler than my dad.
But then I grew up and admired my dad most of all in my life.
And Dan, Steve McQueen and Paul Newman are the two "coolest" dudes to ever grace the planet!

John Wayne.... what can I say?

Take the road less traveled
Evel was cool and we all dare-deviled on our bikes in the 70s because of him. Here's his last interview. http://www.maxim.com/EvelNeverDies/articles/9790.aspx

Lee Marvin was cool.

I have a few EK scars also. And also learned some of things he was or did as I grew up. But as a kid he was "it" back then. Saw his son Robbie set the world record here at Texas Motor Speedway a few years back also. And he has issues also but it is still fun to watch. Just old enough now not to imitate them anymore.

Also agree John Wayne, Paul Newman and Steve McQueen are 3 of the coolest actors of all time.

Originally Posted by Leah-Ann
Love those Montana boys!! wink

Just the Mennonites, or us Heretics too?

I've missed most of this post, as I've been drunk in San Pedro for a while now!

For me, Henry Hyde's greatest moment was when as a House Manager, following the law and bringing charges against Slick Willy, (NOT for having an affair, but for lying under oath to the American people,) he drew the ire of Alec Baldwin, who announced on TV, that "WE SHOULD ALL GO TO HENRY HYDES HOUSE, AND STONE HIM AND HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN", thus introducing to the less politically aware in the country the concept of reasoned and intelligent debate with the radical left !

Who did I admire: Winston Churchill, Ronald Regan, Margaret Thatcher, Lance Armstrong

Who did I want to be like? John Wayne, Roger Staubach, #3

Who did I end up like: Larry the Cable Guy/Basil Fawltey

My hero's: My father and his fellow RAF Pilots of 1939-45

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.