Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tortuga Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi Guys,
I'm hoping you all can give me some advice on a place to stay in San Pedro in Feb of next year. I've been down there twice already this year with a friend and absolutely loved it, but this would be my first solo trip anywhere. I'm a 32 y/o female. I'm a diver, so I'd like to do a ton of diving (probably with Amigos del Mar or Ecologic since I've dove with both of them already). I'd like someplace I could sit in the sun in the afternoon and read a book or catch a tan, and I'd like to be close enough to the night life that I can walk back to my room by myself at night. Aside from that, I don't care too much about a pool, a/c, I'd like a private shower/bathroom, and I'd really like to be someplace where other solos go so that I might meet some interesting people on my way. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

There is a recent thread similar to this from around 2 weeks ago. What is your budget?

How about Changes in Lattitude? This is run by a couple of really great single gals.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Here it is, all of these are great recommendations for a solo traveler and a good location to town (or in town) and near Amigo's.
Caribbean Villas is also great with a beautiful beachfront. Also check out Changes in Latitudes, the owners are wonderful.

Hope to see you in February!

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=257882&Searchpage=2&Main=27470&Words=Kra-Z-K&topic=0&Search=true#Post257882

Last edited by Kra-Z-K; 12/07/07 11:59 AM.
T
tortuga Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My budget is somewhat flexible, although I'd rather spend more on diving and possibly a trip or two and less on a place to stay if possible. I will be down for 10 days.

T
tortuga Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the link to the other thread. I remember Changes in Latitude being somewhat far along the beach when we were walking back from town at night (we stayed at Exotic Caye this time). It's pathetic how fuzzy my memory has gotten in only 2 weeks though so maybe I'm jumbling it up.

It is not too far, it is just by Belize Yacht Club which 10 min walking. There are basic and medium priced places on the link posted above. If you want to stay right in town check out Spindrifts, Holiday, Conchshell, and Rubys.

Search for the map that shows the distance from each place to town. Which week?

Last edited by Kra-Z-K; 12/07/07 12:24 PM.
B
B
Changes in Lats is a great choice...I'm 34, single, female and stayed with them 3 or 4 times before I decided to move down here. Close to everything (from town to Crazy Canucks), they can hook u up with all the good trips, you can hang out at the Yacht Club pool.

T
tortuga Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Wow you moved down? I'd love to hear more about that. I am already tempted to do that myself, but I'm worried about making a living there since I still have school loans to pay off. If I ever win the lottery though....

I am coming down Feb 23rd-March 4th, just about when I won't be able to take the cold here for one more second. I don't mind a 10 minute walk at all as long as it's ok for a woman to do alone late at night. So far I stayed at Banana Beach and Exotic Caye with a friend but I wouldn't love doing either of those walks alone at 1am.

Sunbreeze!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.