Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I'd like to start planning a June 'adult' tarpon fly fishing trip and need some local advise. Thinking about staying on Caye Caulker and fishing the local water in Feb/Mar 08, just to get acquainted with local guides. Have fished around CC from AC with San Pedro guide on several occassions. I'm told that the June adult tarpon fishing may center around Long Caye which would be a long boat ride from San Pedro, and not a "too short" one from Caye Caulker. Would some of the local folks who have some experience in this area be willing to share their list of guide addresses with me. Any advise from the local folks and area guides will be greately appreciated.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
U
U
Check with tsumaniadventures.com for guides.

K
K
Don: I think most of the San Pedro guides you're familiar with, will pick you up on CC. After all, it's "on the way"

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
OP Offline
You may be right John. I'll ask him if he wants to get up before day light and still be on Long Caye at first light. Also, do you have any thought about wheather or not it is worth the trip to Long Caye or can adult tarpon be found nearer to CC? Any advice will be appreciated.

K
K
Well, a guide on SP is gonna leave SP the same time either way, and you'll get the same time in fishing whether you left SP with him or he picks you up on CC. I'm partial to Long Caye, but you've got other options out of SP or CC if you're trying to cut the "ride" down. Hick's Caye to the west off CC can be good. Also the south and west sides of Congrejo. Some big fish at the mainland river mouths due west of SP, and you can run through Savannah on the way to/fro. Mainland is only about 1/2 the trip Long Caye is.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
T
T
i've tried the long caye trip for tarpon, a couple of times, on the advice of the guide. we also fished around that whole area, hick's and st.georges cayes, i think. we came from sp and saw a number of boats from san pedro on one trip. didn't have much luck with the tarpon but saw some snook. we did however find a spot nw of caye caulker and caught two nice cobias on the way back. it is a pretty good hike to get down there, but it was supposed to be the hot spot at those times, so we gave it a shot.

OP Offline
Some Good Thoughts John. Many Thanks. I need a good nav/depth chart and do some serious study. Don

R
ron Offline
R
Last year when we were on Caye Caulker we fished with Eloy. I caught about a 75 lbs tarpon on spinning gear. Don't think he has an email address but he lives on middle street. Not sure about fly fishing with him.

OP Offline
Thanks Ron, I'll look him up as soon as I get down and see if he is a fly fisher. Don

I
I
Hi Don:

The popular fishing guides on Caye Caulker (in no particular order) are:

Piggy Guzman
Charles young
Eloy Badillo

I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them offhand. The ones mentioned above work independently. At the Auxillou Beach Suites we sometimes recommend Anwar Tours on Front Street. They have several guides working through them.

Thanks and cheers,
Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Beachfront
Caye Caulker, Belize

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day