Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I have never been to the norht side. How much of a pain is it to get to town and what is it like? Please help, we are looking at villas and it seems that most are there. thanks

Kindness is not weakness.
Peace and tranquility compared with San Pedro. Loads of good eating places. Transport can be an issue. The Island Ferry runs a regular service and has a Gold Card available for unlimited trips.

OP Offline
thanks for the quick reply, I hear the beaches are very nice. Last time I was there we canoed through the lagoon and mangroves over to the west side and had a great day. We stayed on the south edge of town and things were not as grown up as they are today. I really enjoyed being able to stroll into town but we also want to hang out on the beach, cook a little in a villa/house and hit some yum restaraunts--mix it up a bit. We want some quiet too and maybe some off-beach bone flyfishing. Can you walk to the different places to eat and can you access the bridge etc with bikes?

Kindness is not weakness.
J
J
How accessible restaurants and town is depends on how far north you stay. Bicycles are great during the day, not practical at night.

I've never stayed north. It is beautiful, but I want to be closer to town. Purely a personal choice.

There are some nice villas south of town. It's expensive, but look at Casa Tortuga. I've never been inside, but it's beautiful. Even though you'd either have to take cabs or get a golf cart, you're on your own time, and not on a water taxi's schedule.

Jean is so right -- "North" means a lot of different things and you can be anywhere from close to way way out.

Mrs. O. and I stayed at Belizean Shores for our first trip to AC. We loved it. Relaxing, close to some good restaurants and the rooms allowed for us to go with Simon's provisioning service to have all our groceries stocked before we got there -- awesome.

If you are a party animal, you may get tired of the taxi, but we were good with it. We've stayed in town on our subsequent trips and enjoyed them as well. The switch is because we know more people now. Depends on tastes and how connected to the night life you want to be.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Right JeanH and Otteralum, and as always I want to point out Belizean Shores is on the south half of the island.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
and once again we hear from the Far North Radical...

S
S
What is the demarcation line between north and south?

The AC Equator?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
Just answered my own question, anything 2 miles North of Salamander is North Ambergris Caye.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.