Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
If you've moved frequently in the last several years and didn't get a notice, you may not have heard about a significant court settlement.

The following website details a court settlement with Visa, MasterCard and Diner's Club. If you are a frequent Belize visitor and your credit card account is stateside, you may be eligible for a big check.

http://www.ccfsettlement.com/

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Otter
This is very interesting - however - I am very reluctant to give ANYONE my credit card information. How can we deal directly with our credit card people?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Settlement awards are coming out of a fund set up as a result of the class action suit. You cannot deal directly with your card company to file a claim; it has to go through the settlement fund. That said, if you still have the card/account where you believe inappropriate charges were made, you should have received a settlement notice. Most people tend to simply round file these but they are always worth a second look!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
I rec'd the packet yesterday, not sure I want to give all the info. that is required, from 1997 thru 2006.

Last edited by Chloe; 12/09/07 01:40 PM.

Dare To Deviate
OP Offline
The other option would be #2 as listed where you count the number of days travelled overseas during the years in question. This is what Mrs. O. and I did. It does not require relinquishing any additional information, but your potential refund is far less.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Chloe, there are 3 different ways to request a refund the first way you do not have to give out any information than what they already have......that qualifies you for a maximum $25 refund. The second method is to give them the number of days you spent outside of the US between February, 1996 and November 2006. That is very easy for most people to calculate and that's the method I used. My wife and I each received a settlement form and both of us applied for a refund based on spending 276 days outside of the US between those periods. You can also apply online.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Thanks, much appreciated.

Dare To Deviate
I received a packet the other day also, Still deciding what option to choose to get the most $$$$ back.

Unless you've kept every credit card statement since 1996, option 2 is going to be the best.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
note: for visa, MC, ATM, and diners club customers only.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.