Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#258712 12/05/07 03:58 AM
U
ubbit Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Arriving AC tomorrow. Have a couple of suites at the Cloisters. Can anyone tell me where to buy pillows (bed) and lamps on the island. Last visit, went to Belize City and purchased mattresses, but would like to, at least, purchase pillows in SP. Is there anyone that does drapes on AC, or does anyone even use drapes. Have six bedroom windows and have faux wood blinds on five. The other blind is in my garage and I will bring to AC next visit. Have to get the suites rentable. Need the money to buy booze.

S
S
Try Caye Supplies on Middle Street for the pillows.

R
R
See Kate at Sew What? for custom drapes and curtains. She has a great selection of fabrics - including Sunbrella brand.

U
ubbit Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Thanks. Will visit Kate and Caye Supplies. Panned to arrive today, but Delta screwed up and will arrive Saturday. No big deal - just have to deal with a lot of luggage, security, etc. again.

Have bought pillows at Warpaint on Middle street and at Caye supply on Back street.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
There is just not much material to choose from here. Across the street from Sew What there is a small fabric/drapery/curtain shop. There is a farely large fabric store in Belize City called Mercado's. In desperation I bought some long curtains there.
Castillo's Hardware has about the best selection of rods. Some at Caye supply too.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
S
S
Fabrics are also available at the little shop beside Chico's Meats (just west of the Lion's Den.)

Ready made curtains can genereally be found in a nice selection and at a good price at Mirab in Belize City. They sell matching bedspreads and throw pillows. They also sell a good quality bed-pillow that is part down, part feather. Mirab sells lamps in both the "big" housewares store (where you find the curtains) and in the furniture warehouse. The ones in the furniture warehouse tend to be the more expensive ones.

Fabric in Belize City is at "Mikado" (not Mercado) on Albert Street. Good chance if you ask a cab driver for "Mercado" you could end up with confusion, as mercado is a generic Spanish word for market. Most of the pre-made curtains at Mikado would be unsuitable in style for a rental unit on AC. Be sure to lift these curtains up and look at the bolts of fabric that are stacked behind the curtain displays - you may find some amazing stuff - the prices are really reasonable. An alternative that is both inexpensive and stylish is to pick up a whole bolt of white sheeting fabric and have big billowy lush curtains made for every room. Easy to make & care for - lots of style on a tiny budget. Ask at Mikado's for the location of the buttons and trim shop - you can find some very cool curtain tie-backs there that can add an elegant touch to a simple cotton curtin treatment. I find the sales staff at Mikado to be amongst the most attentive and friendly in the whole country. The music in Mikado is pretty fun too - when I'm there I don't know whether to dance or shop.
I'm also very impressed with the helpfulness of the staff at Mirab (both stores).

sorry that you asked about San Pedro and got a Belize City answer .......... i have a passion for fabrics and got carried away - I heartily second the idea of a visit to Kate atSew What.
Kate is handling some awesome handmade fabrics from Guatemala - if you want the most lush fabrics on the planet (cotton and amazing) she would be the lady to see!!

and last but not least in the home-decor department - Castillo's Hardware in San Pedro has some really good area rugs that work well for beachy locations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.