Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello,

I'm traveling to San Ignacio then San Pedro at the beginning of April. I have a few questions for anyone who would like to chime in.
My biggest question still surrounds where to stay on AC. We're on a definite budget and hoping for less then $80 a night. I know, I know. But I want to have enough left over to do basically whatever I want so i'm willing to sacrifice a little to do that. However, is it stupid of me to sacrifice air conditioning? We found a room at Ruby's for only $40 a night but it only has a fan. I'm wondering if i'll be miserable? Also, I'd love advice on what to do once on the island. We're really excited to kayak, snorkel and visit outer cayes. It would be wonderful to find a hotel that had those things available to us - I would be ok spending more to stay somewhere that had all the equipment for a decent price. Also, I'd love to hear about the best tours. I hate the super touristy stuff and want to visit the smaller cayes and see more wildlife and less people. Any ideas? I'm not opposed to staying a few nights on another island as well. AC just seems to be the easiest to make it to.
Thanks for all ideas and suggestions!

Check out the Casa Blanca Suites at Hotel del Rio.

Also, look into AC suites at Spindrift and Holiday Hotel. Spindrift is very close to your budget and Holiday Hotel just above.

Hotel del Rio Casa Blanca Suites are probably your best best. Good luck with that.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Made sceond reservation for Ruby's in February. I love it, but you get what you pay for. You are very very close to several shops that will book a variety of excursions for you with all the equipment. I love the location more than anything. As for A/C -- that's a call you will have to make. February is fine with the sea breeze and the fan. April?

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I stayed at Ruby's this past April for 2 weeks and really enjoyed it. It was hot but the breeze off the water made the need for A/C non existent. I will do it again anytime.

I need another vacation.
I have reservations for Ruby's in March. The upgraded room(from the $40) with ac, fan and private porch is only $60.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
OP Offline
Thanks so much for the advice everyone. I found out that the upgraded room with AC is not available so I'm going to try the suggestions everyone gave me. Otherwise, I'll just turn the fan on and appreciate the $40 a night!

I too stayed at Ruby's in Feb. (Waving to Mr. and Mrs. Otter!!)
I had a room with a fan and it was fine. BUT I will give you one SMALL piece of advice.... get a room on the second or 3rd floor. I had the room right behind the bakery there. They started cooking around 4:00 a.m. banging pots and pans don't do well for sleeping or banging headaches! But for the price, you can't beat Ruby's... JMHO...

Take the road less traveled
And try for a room on the beach side. The street side rooms get very hot mid afternoon/evening.

Rachel,

If you want an unbeatable all day tour of fishing, snorkling, beach bbq for lunch and more, I can arrange something for you. I have friends on the island that will personalize a private tour for you, for a VERY reasonable price. PM me for details.

Last edited by Stephania*21; 12/14/07 10:57 AM.

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination....live & enjoy every moment....

~*~Ania~*~
OP Offline
It looks like we're going with the cabana chico at the Hotel Del Rio. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.