Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
tincup Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me if there is someone who can rent a motorcycle or a dirt bike to one of my guests for the two weeks around Christmas/New Years? He is an experienced rider. Any thoughts?

S
S
Hopefully no one. Last season we had rented 4 wheelers speeding up and down and tearing up the beach around the High School (thankfully they no longer seem to be renting.) We we also have problems with dirt bikes speeding on the island and committing all kinds of traffic offences.

TinCup I'm close to violent acts against motorcyclist traveling up and down the beach. doesn't matter much if its against the law to have motorized vehicles on the beach, the police have better things to do. So I was thinking of creative ways to stop them but they all seem to risk me ending up in jail.
Boo to anyone one renting motor bikes to tourist.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Hi Tincup - why not have him rent a wave runner. Although I can't stand them either, at least they are less of a menace.

tincup Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey, I'm just trying to satisfy a guest's inquiry. With the proliferation of motorcycles on the island I wouldn't think it was such a big deal - everyone else seems to be allowed to use them.

I will tell him that there is no rental facility for that type of transportation at this time.

Originally Posted by elbert
doesn't matter much if its against the law to have motorized vehicles on the beach, the police have better things to do.

Is it against the law to have a motorized vehicle on the beach? Last year when we were there, our taxi drove on the beach to the condo, we had non-stop golf carts go by on the beach, and I even helped one guy try to get his pickup off the beach when he became stuck in the sand. I kinda thought it was legal?

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
Its definitely illegal but one of those things that doesn't get enforced. Its a Town Board rule that is at odds with a national law of Belize that address right of way on the beach when no road is available. With the number of motor bikes growing so rapidly in the last two years its becoming a problem. Workers and residents are using motorized things to access the northern parts of the island and have developed a beach road that now has regular traffic.

White Sands Dive Shop
S
S
The beach from Wet Willy's to Boca Del Rio Park is a road but it's only supposed to be open to local traffic, pedestrians, bicycles and golf carts.

Some things have happened like that out of necessity and lack of planing that will not be able to be reversed.
Across from the airport the owner of a restaurant had to convert to sliding doors because a swinging one would get knocked off by busy airport traffic. We will just have to suffer lack of planning consequences in a lot of cases that are now irreversible.
Thats why I want to make an issue with the comfortable way traffic is flowing along the beach in front of resorts up north. If they are forced to use the back the proper road will develop from use.

White Sands Dive Shop
Simon I think some of those buildings along Boca Del Rio don't have rear access to the property and have to go and come along the beach. Its been a while since I've visited the area, am I correct?

White Sands Dive Shop
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.