Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: SP Daily] #259487
12/11/07 09:01 PM
12/11/07 09:01 PM
San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye...
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
I was at work all last week - right on the beach between Ruby's and Aqua Dives. I didn't see any stunning, knock out gorgeous babes - but I did see a few trolls....

Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: Amanda Syme] #259490
12/11/07 09:29 PM
12/11/07 09:29 PM
S
SimonB Offline

SimonB  Offline
S
"I didn't see any stunning, knock out gorgeous babes" that's just cause you're too used to seeing stunning, knock out gorgeous Belizean girls.

Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: SimonB] #259503
12/11/07 11:03 PM
12/11/07 11:03 PM
S.C.U.S.A
Bill Mc Ghee Offline
Bill Mc Ghee  Offline
Oh Simon! how you do go on!!
( in the best Scarlett O'Hara voice I could muster up)

Never Use money to measure wealth
Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: Bill Mc Ghee] #259508
12/12/07 01:06 AM
12/12/07 01:06 AM
San Diego, CA
Mikeywaz Offline
Mikeywaz  Offline
I have to admit I was really concerned when I first read this post. We're staying at Ruby's in February on our first visit to AC. From comments here and on other sites I realize Ruby's isn't the Ritz, but it seems to me most of San Pedro is pretty safe as long as you're not foolish. Now I would be upset if I were verbally accosted outside my hotel window wherever I'm staying, but I can't help thinking - as many of you have - that there must be something missing from this story. There's usually a cause to an effect.

mikeywaz
Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: Mikeywaz] #259512
12/12/07 05:01 AM
12/12/07 05:01 AM
CROC Offline
CROC  Offline
So its absolutely impossible Guys on the island hit on tourists wives and daughters and then give unwanted attention when they cannot take no as an answer.

YEAHHHH RIGHT come on seen it many times on the island where guys hit on daughters and wives constantly in fact there was a post not long ago about unwanted attention on dive boats paying only attention to girls

The idea of this forum is to give accurate information and in some cases when someone posts a not so pretty picture it either gets deleted by the Mods or the locals get on and berate the poster.

I do not think that the poster is lying here I beleive fully that someone was at his window and most likely there because he was interested in his wife. whether she is stunning beautiful or a downright MONSTER it dont matter to the Belize guys if it resembles a woman thats good enough (thats not an insult to Belize guys its just the truth)

I always say if your a female overweight, ugly, got one leg, or whatever come to Belize and you will be treated like a queen and have guys hitting on you all day. the guys will think you are Miss world and thats great for the majority, HOWEVER there is also a bad side to that meaning SOMETIMES attention is given where it is not wanted be it to the daughters of visiting tourists barely legal or to wives that are friendly to local guys and the guys take it the wrong way.

Additionally I have known wives to encourage the guys flirting and this I have seen lead to all sorts of problems.

In this particular case I beleive that a guy was at his window and most likely after his wife, he was most likeley wasted and if he were not, he would not of been at the window simple as that. SECURITY should of taken care of it and he should never of made it up the stairs if security had finished he obviously needs to extend his hours until sun up.

It is obvious though he should not of included Aqua Dives in his post as he was unable to poisitivly identify the culprit and it was unfair to mention any operator.

Lets be honest here the San Pedro Business group met with the Prime Minister and begged to get some more security out here on the island and they got it in the form of BDF soldiers WHY because stuff like this happens and the good news is the island is fighting back

I am just sick of reading when people post negative things the regular posters berate and belittle them when they have every right to post there experiences positive or negative.

Croc

Last edited by CROC; 12/12/07 05:35 AM.
Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: CROC] #259519
12/12/07 06:38 AM
12/12/07 06:38 AM

P
pedro2
Unregistered
pedro2
P
I think so far we've built a replica of a Bavarian castle, with turrets, moat and everything. All on very soft sand. I think the best thing to do with this story is let it die.

Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: Amanda Syme] #259524
12/12/07 08:46 AM
12/12/07 08:46 AM
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
I was at work all last week - right on the beach between Ruby's and Aqua Dives. I didn't see any stunning, knock out gorgeous babes - but I did see a few trolls....

Yes Simon I meant to say I didn't see any stunning visitors. Lots of beautiful local women. I can't believe anyone would think that there is a shortage of lovely ladies in this town.

Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: ] #259525
12/12/07 08:49 AM
12/12/07 08:49 AM
MD
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
dogmatic prevaricator  Offline
if only it was a cypriot castle, then the wife's name could have been Desdemona.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: Amanda Syme] #259528
12/12/07 08:53 AM
12/12/07 08:53 AM
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
Croc, nobody suggested the fellow was lying. Just that there seems to be a little bit of the story missing.

Yes, Belizean men, in fact men in general appreciate attention from women. Yes, some are more persistent than others. No, this is not socially acceptable.

We have tourist police for these types of episodes. The BDF won't jump in with guns ablazing because some fellow with a little too much to drink was calling somebody elses name outside a window in the wee hours of the morning.

The security man did his job and ran the guy off.

If the members on this board are making you ill, you really don't have to visit.

Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: Mikeywaz] #259529
12/12/07 08:55 AM
12/12/07 08:55 AM
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
Originally Posted by Mikeywaz
I have to admit I was really concerned when I first read this post. We're staying at Ruby's in February on our first visit to AC. From comments here and on other sites I realize Ruby's isn't the Ritz, but it seems to me most of San Pedro is pretty safe as long as you're not foolish. Now I would be upset if I were verbally accosted outside my hotel window wherever I'm staying, but I can't help thinking - as many of you have - that there must be something missing from this story. There's usually a cause to an effect.

Hundreds, if not thousands of visitors stay at Rubies each year. It is a great budget hotel on the beach right in the middle of the action. It tends to be safe and there is security on site.

I maintain that there is most likely more to this story than has been revealed. Don't cancel your stay Rubies is a great central location with easy access to diving, snorkeling, good food and all the action.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
February
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 273 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics70,601
Posts479,041
Members19,594
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.