Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Hey all,

I am going to AC in April and just reserved myself a cabana at the Hotel Del Rio.
To reserve the room, we have to send over our credit card number. I know, it's standard and I think I've seen it on every site I've looked at. But it scares the hell out of me!

I was communicating with Roberto at the Hotel Del Rio regularly for a couple of days. If I sent a message, he'd respond within a couple of hours. He told me to send over my CC# so I did, yesterday morning before work. I tried to be smart about it - I was very specific and spelled out exactly how much I was authorizing, and exactly what it was for.

And I haven't heard a word since.

Argh. Ok, I know it was only yesterday. I get that Belize time is a little different than Seattle time. But I am so nervous now!

has anyone had this experience?

I'm about to try and reserve a hotel in San Ignacio and they're asking me to do the same thing. Should I not do it? Am I overreacting? (I hope so!)

Help!

ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
OP Offline
Ha!
I'm an instructor, and I'm sitting in front of my current class of doctors (typing away while they're taking their competencies, I might add) and trying to OHMMMMMMM in my head.

Its SOP to give a credit card # as a deposit when you book something over the net. I wouldn't worry.
I make my people print out the form ,sign it and fax it back with the signature, thats the only way the Belize Bank will accept it.
relax.
PS OHMMMM is all the caveman ever says.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Do you also make them give the 3 digit security code? I had to do that recently and wasn't that comfortable with the idea.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Incorrect, elbert. Sometimes ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Hon Offline
You don't have to be nervous...period.

Hell, I just sent Pedro1 my credit card info and I only had to have 2 shots of tequila beforehand.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
That 3 digit code is a new thing and I haven't had any requests from the bank for it.
I believe it just to prove your the holder of the card.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
SS - I had to do that recently to book airline tickets and lo and behold - and extra $1600 in charges. They pulled it the second I complained, but will never use that online company to book tickets again!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
C
C
Don't be worried. It is standard practice. It is the only way the hotels can protect against late cancellations and no shows. I had to give mine quite a few times before moving here and there were no problems with any of them. If a hotel misuses, imagine the slamming and bad press they'd get on here. Just ask Island Grocery.

Gonna make a memory
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 232 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.