Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260696 12/25/07 06:41 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I was just wondering if anyone had any information about flights from Cozumel or Cancun to Amergris Caye.

~snowgoose~
you can fly from cancun to bz, but not direct to amb caye. have to go thru customs on the mainland before the island, i think.

J
J
I don't think there are flights from Cancun or Coz to Belize. You can fly on Alma Airlines from Cancun to Chetumal, get yourself across the border to Corozal, then fly to Ambergris. Or take the bus from Playa del Carmen to Chetumal.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
That's right. Check the websites of Tropic Air and Maya Island Air for schedules and prices.

I don't think there are any flights between CUN and BZE or any other Belizean airport.

you two know more than i do for sure, and i am apt to listen to you. i pulled the flight from cancun to bz from 2 websites, this is from 'bz fact sheet':

"Getting There and ABout

Getting to Belize: Belize is about 2 hours and 15 minutes by air from Miami, Florida and Houston, Texas. U.S. gateway cities to Belize include Miami, Dallas-Forth Worth, Houston and New Orleans, Louisiana. Direct flights are also available from Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C; and from Toronto, Canada. From Mexico, direct flights to Belize are available from Cancun and Chetumal. Most Central American countries offer direct flights to Belize, including Guatemala, Honduras and Costa Rica. Direct service from the UK and/or Europe may be available in 2008. "

From 'best beaches of Bz':

"Belize is about a 2-hour flight from Miami and Houston. Direct flights are available in several U.S. gateway cities, and from Cancun and Chetumal, Mexico."

wow, shows there is plenty of misinformation out there. anyone?

Magical Mystery Tour!!

There is also a Direct Flight from Charlotte ( CLT) to Belize ( BZE).It's a 3 1/2 flt.Return Immigrations/Customs inspection in Charlotte is a breeze.

Wow, that was an old website. We haven't had New Orleans flights for what? 10-12 years? We used to have Cancun to Belize flights back then too, for a blink of an eye.

J
J
Wasn't it Taca that flew out of New Orleans?

C
C
I was just looking at this as well, but we have chosen to take a bus from Playa to Corozal and then Tropic Air to Ambergris Caye. The flights I saw were either overnighters through Mexico City or very pricey! I have read about others doing this trip and it sounds safe and fairly simple (except being on a bus for 5 hours) TB for sure! And what is life without adventure.

Live Laugh Love

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.