Re: cancun caye caulker [Re: Cooper] #260254
12/20/07 09:30 AM
12/20/07 09:30 AM
Iowa
J
JeanH Offline
JeanH  Offline
J
We've always used a transfer service for making this crossing as well. Mostly because I could never figure a couple of things. One, is where you catch the bus to Belize once you arrive in Chetumal. A couple years ago people on the travel boards were saying that it left from the 'new market', not the bus station in Chetumal. I have no idea if that was true, or if it's true now.

My second concern was it was/is impossible to find a Belize bus schedule on the internet. Last thing I wanted to do was sit in Chetumal for several hours waiting for a bus.

The other part of it is I'm pretty much an 'over planner'. Plane tickets and hotel reservations in hand most of the time. Hoping more time in Belize will 'fix' that problem....

Re: cancun caye caulker [Re: Cooper] #260273
12/20/07 11:50 AM
12/20/07 11:50 AM
San Pedro
tacogirl Offline
tacogirl  Offline
One of our friends got stuck a couple of hours waiting for everyone on the bus to go through the customs line up (I think was from Guatemala to Belize though) That is what got us to use transfer service as I do not like line ups ha ha.

Glad to know it does not take so long for Mexico Cooper.

How far is it that you have to go from Corozal airport to catch the bus to Chetumal?

Original Belize Blog since 2007 and great for travel resources and discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Re: cancun caye caulker [Re: tacogirl] #260407
12/21/07 04:10 PM
12/21/07 04:10 PM
Caye Caulker
C
Cooper Offline
Cooper  Offline
C
About 1/4 mile, but you would have to wait on the road, their is a little rest stop for shade. Hey, I am sure at times folks get stuck anywhere!!! Back to transfer service now that I have a need to know, Can you only catch it at the Airport in Chetumal or at the bus station also. I looked at the website and no prices, I emailed them for info but no answer back The only thing I did not like about the bus was carrying you stuff, most people dont have much so its not so bad.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Re: cancun caye caulker [Re: Cooper] #260682
12/25/07 09:44 AM
12/25/07 09:44 AM
San Pedro
tacogirl Offline
tacogirl  Offline
Hi Cooper

We pre arranged with transfer service to pick us up right at the Corozal airport and they took us straight to Ado bus station in Chetumal after getting us past and explaining stopping points.

On our return trip we called them from Mexico and they met us in Chetumal and brought is back to the airport in time to catch the last flight to San Pedro.

I forget what the cost was if I can remember I will let you know.

Original Belize Blog since 2007 and great for travel resources and discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Re: cancun caye caulker [Re: tacogirl] #260683
12/25/07 09:47 AM
12/25/07 09:47 AM
Iowa
J
JeanH Offline
JeanH  Offline
J
The transfer service we used would have picked us up anywhere from the Cancun airport to Chetumal. Of course, the price from the airport would have been several hundred dollars. They also said they would pick us up any time of the day or night. I know it costs more, but it sure is nice not to have to keep transfering bags from vehicle to vehicle.

Re: cancun caye caulker [Re: JeanH] #260703
12/25/07 10:54 PM
12/25/07 10:54 PM

P
pedro2
Unregistered
pedro2
P
I've used a a taxi transfer service between Chetumal bus station and Corozal airstrip ever since I emerged from the customs hall to find my bus had gone. Everyone else on the bus was a local and zipped through formalities, and the bus simply didn't bother to wait. A taxi then cost me more than a pre-arranged transfer would have done.

Re: cancun caye caulker [Re: ] #260738
12/26/07 07:33 PM
12/26/07 07:33 PM
Caye Caulker
R
rastapasta Offline
rastapasta  Offline
R
I have used the Menzies... in Corozal for ever... they are also called Belize VIP transfer services and if enough of you will go all the way to Cancun for you.... and all the way to Belize City if wanted.contact them at [email protected] cheers Maralyn

Re: cancun caye caulker [Re: rastapasta] #260750
12/26/07 11:05 PM
12/26/07 11:05 PM
Caye Caulker
C
Cooper Offline
Cooper  Offline
C
After 4 emails to ask about prices and if they pick up at Chetumal bus station still no reply from Menzies

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Re: cancun caye caulker [Re: Cooper] #260756
12/27/07 08:02 AM
12/27/07 08:02 AM
Maryville, IL
Dita Offline
Dita  Offline
Try George Moralez. My husband and I have used their service many times and have always been pleased with every aspect. Wonderful people. Their email address is: [email protected]

Re: cancun caye caulker [Re: Dita] #260833
12/27/07 06:30 PM
12/27/07 06:30 PM
Caye Caulker, Belize
C
Cybercayecaulker.com Offline

Cybercayecaulker.com  Offline
C
I've used Leslie's Van Service and its $30 U.S. to go from the Corozal airstrip to the ADO Bus station in Chetumal.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
January
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (JaHo, 1 invisible), 543 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics70,407
Posts478,583
Members19,577
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.