Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hey everyone ... I'm going to be visiting Belize City on January 12th as part of a "cruise" that is scheduled to arrive at 8am and then leaves at 11pm (but I'm sure we will need to be back on the ship by 10 at the latest)

I am wondering if that gives us enough time to travel to a ziplining place (i found Jaguarpaw.com - does anyone know if this is good?) and back with enough time to enjoy some good snorkeling in daylight? I plan on using the dark hours to enjoy what little time we have of your nightlife, but I definitely want to snorkel and zip line if possible.

I'm just not sure about the timing of it all. Things like customs, traveling to and from the zip lining place, and finally getting to a good snorkeling spot and back I don't know how long they take.

Any insight you guys could provide me would be greatly appreciated! Also, is it possible to get good snorkeling in right off the beach, or should we find someone to bring us out off the coast a bit to find the best stuff? Any suggestions on who/where?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just super excited to visit and want to get the best out of my short time there!

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by Moxie990; 12/26/07 07:41 PM.
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
If this is possible, and I'm not sure it is, your best "fixer" is Katie Valk, [email protected]

If she can't organise it no-one can.

BTW, you need to find out the latest time you can arrive at the dock and be sure of getting back to the ship. This can be up to 2 hours ahead of scheduled departure.

You may also want to check the excursions on your ship. Some of them offer cave tubing/zip lining as a day trip. For the best snorkeling, you would need to take their day trip to San Pedro. Not sure if you can get all this in one day. Best to make a return trip and stay around awhile!

Change your Latitude
7 trips in 14 years, and i've seen but a fraction of bz that i want to see. worse, you will not get to meet the people of belize, perhaps their best resource. the food is kicking too.

IMO, pick one day-trip, and come back. and back, and back wink

M
OP Offline
M
How long does it take to get to San Pedro from Belize City?

Through my research and all of your comments its starting to seem like doing both things isn't possible, or at the very least would be pretty stressful. So I'm thinking about just heading over to the San Pedro area and doing snorkeling and then hanging out at some local watering holes in the area (any suggestions?).

My only concern is how long it takes to get to San Pedro from BC though, and also (if the trip is done by water taxi) when does the last "taxi" leave from San Pedro to head back to BC so I dont miss my ship, haha!

The only other thing I've started to wonder, and hopefully you guys can help out, is if my ship will even actually be porting in BC? From all the maps I've seen it looks like the water gets too shallow after the reef for a mini cruise ship to be in. I could be wrong, but I'm just wondering if they might dock out at sea and have to tender us to shore. This is only a concern for timings sake on my way back from San Pedro.

Thanks so much for all the help!

i've only ever flown. maybe this will help?

http://www.goambergriscaye.com/watertaxi.html

JZB Offline
The cruise ships do not come right to shore so you will have to factor in your tender time. If your ship does not offer an excursion to San Pedro, the easiest thing to do would be to take a taxi from where you are dropped off to the municipal airport. 5 minutes max. Hop on a plane for San Pedro. Flights leave every hour on the half hour and it will take you 15 minutes to get to the island. Taking a water taxi can take up to 1.5 hours each way and will seriously cut into your fun time.
Snorkel trips generally leave from town at 9:00am and 2:00pm so you would probably be better off hiring a private boat to fit into your own schedule.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.