Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Orionhunter,
I think maybe you got off to a rocky start when you replied on another topic here. But I am willing to overlook that and wipe the slate clean and start over. Lord knows, I've stuck my foot in my mouth plenty of times...LOL But, I'm willing to admit it when I do.
Both Cannibals and Coconuts are great....and both are local hangouts, especially for the Gringos here...as well as the Palapa bar up north.
I eat lunch almost everyday at Cannibals....and I hope whoever buys it over keeps it just the way it is. They have great prices and a simple menu....and do a good business. The view and atmosphere is wonderful.
Jesse can tell you more about Coconuts. It is a nice place with nice rooms and a great little beach bar that is frequented by a lot of locals.
If you decide to buy either one...you will be surrounded by people just like the ones you read on this board. We are just a bunch of crazy folks, that don't get too serious about things and "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff"...(Good book)
So I hope you are ready to handle that....otherwise everybody will migrate to a new watering hole...LOL

Good luck!

O
OP Offline
O
Sandshaker, Thanks for the second chance and 10 big mea culpas for the rocky start. Some days are just the pits don't you know? Bile just seems to seep from your pores. Can't wait to not "sweat the small stuff." Waiting to hear from Jesse. Still haven't gotten an answer as to boats or fishing,surely some of you indulge in this great pastime.
Stocktrader...How do you feel about options? Also, know anything about Flextronics or SSTI
? Thinking about taking a position in both.

Orionhunter.
WELCOME BACK!!! We're all glad to have you and sorry you were "off" that day. Happens to the best of us........
You smile..... and we smile [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
I was curious about your "name". Is it a reference to the constellation?? I thought it was interesting......
Debbie

The best person to talk to about boats here is Tom Vidrine at The Boatyard (the actual name...LOL)
What will shock you here is not the price of the boats....but the price of the engines.
A good NEW engine can cost as much as the boat itself....more if using two.
Tom has some nice used boats....he always has a good supply and also offers mechanic services. Email is: [email protected]
You could also have one custom made at Bradleys Boat Builders in Belize City.

OH Pontoon boats are not typical in San Pedro but I think I have seen two. I believe there is one houseboat which might have a pontoon base. Any one else know about Art's houseboat? I believe most of the boats are mahogony with power engines. There are plenty of sailboats as well. Also there are lots of smaller wooden skiffs for taxiing about.
FISHING IS GREAT!! Since '88 I have never gone hungry fishing! We mostly reef fish and have never gotten skunked. Of course different fish migrate and move so some times of year are better than others. The past few years I have noticed the sardines are more difficult to find...I should probably contact the Green Reef people. Anyone else notice fewer sardines?
Belize it!

B
B
Miz T....did you happen to price engines before you left the U.S.? They are more than the cost of the boat here too, but still not as expensive as down there. But most people (especially North of the river) need a boat instead of a car so the cost equals out I think. Rick has talked about a pontoon boat also but I don't think they are very practical for AC. Can't get everywhere you might need to get.

O
OP Offline
O
Yes, the name refers to the constellation. How about a skiff AND a pontoon boat??? Can't beat pontoons for comfort and space for sunbathing,fishing, and most important...drinking BEER!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.