Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
When this thing comes to a head, will someone please let the rest of us know the outcome? We do have a high regard for the SPBA, and the way they stepped up to level the playing field is just awe inspiring.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
T
T
Is now Cristal Golf Cart Rentals. Hopefully more than the name has changed.

S
S
No...Crystal is different owners- different carts- different location.

T
T
Maybe so as to different carts and location. Better check a little closer......People that are booking thru what used to be Island Tours are getting Cristal (not Crystal) carts. Also, same staff. Coinsidence????? When was the last time you saw a bunch of Island Tour carts waiting outside the Island Supermarket? Perhaps the San Pedro Daily could put its best gumshoe on the case.

S
S
"Gumshoe"???
Strictly barefoot!

Jessie, if you step on some gum it would be gumfoot no? wink

S
S
Maybe..but not "GUMSHOE"!!!

B
B
Well here we go again.
My in-laws (14 of them) are here for the holidays and decided to go shopping to feed the masses. They ended up at Island Supermarket. I was not with them unfortunately (but fortunately for the proprietors).
Upon reaching the counter with there selections the clerk asked if they were paying cash or credit card. The response was credit card. The items were then hastily rung up to a total of $964bz and the card was run and a done deal. My sister in law asked for a register receipt and the clerk said he could not print one. After an ugly moment of heated words the clerk finally pressed the button to issue a receipt.
My family left the store. In the parking lot they reviewed the reciept and credit card slip and were dismayed. They promptly returned to the store with the goods and asked the clerk to ring up the items again. This time, under about 6 pairs of eyes, the total was $404bz. No apology was offered but a reversal of $560bz was made on the credit card.
I think I have had enough of this bullshit. I bet they scam $1,000's a day. They assume that tourists using a credit card on vacation won't spot the scam. Well they got caught today and there is nothing I can do about it other than tell you folks.

B
B
Are there not laws against FRAUD in Belize? Couldn't/Shouldn't the owners and employees be prosecuted? The reports on this board alone should tell someone it is not a series of random events.

JZB Offline
I'm pretty certain tigerwoo is correct. The Island Supermarket is now renting out Cristal Carts. They are just driving the renters over to the new lot by Amals to pick up their carts.

Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.