Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#261980 01/07/08 06:26 PM
T
TerryP Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi, I know this could be fodder for a fire but I need some advice from folks who really know the island. I was down there a couple of weeks ago and had a fling with a rasta that sells jewelry on the beach. I thought it was just a vacation thing but we have continued to keep calling each other. I wonder now if thats smart...there are thousands of girls who come through there....am I just being naive to think something might come of this? or do tourist/local romances work out sometimes?

Better call Dr. Phil for his advice...he's been to San Pedro...

S
S
Depends...
Is your guy a Rastafarian? Good...
Or a Rastafakeian? Watch out!

Is he asking for money? Some other sob story?

Well said Jesse. I agree. Dreads do not necessarily a Rasta make.

Originally Posted by TerryP
Hi, I know this could be fodder for a fire but I need some advice from folks who really know the island. I was down there a couple of weeks ago and had a fling with a rasta that sells jewelry on the beach. I thought it was just a vacation thing but we have continued to keep calling each other. I wonder now if thats smart...there are thousands of girls who come through there....am I just being naive to think something might come of this? or do tourist/local romances work out sometimes?

Yes. Thousands.

A
A
maybe it does work

i have to say i've seen posts like this every few years. i do not know if some work out or not. i've also seen posts like this where the man has a wife or kids somewhere he failed to mention. i've seen belizean (and american) men who are true to their women, and i've seen ones who collect lovers like trading cards, telling each they love only her.

as a mom - i have to tell you to think. this guy may be nice, and may be for real. but his career is selling jewelery on a beach on a tiny island. as a girl, did you see your future with someone who can take care of you, support you, lead you toward a comfortable old age? did you see a decent home, a nice car, little nest egg for retirement? or did you see yourself supporting your man financially and working to feed him and your potential children?

look past today or next month, and see 15 years from now for a minute. reading your question, i think you probably know the answer yourself.

Wow, sweetjane, you really are a mom. I agree with every word you said. As a mom, you are right on target. As a romantic, you want it to work out and they live happily ever after. If we were in a perfect world, huh?
As a nurse, my concern of the "fling" is are you protected if you went that far? You know there are "gifts" out there that will kill you, so be safe. Not judging, but being concerned.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
C
C
I agree with sweetjane and Sun&Sand. Warning!! Danger, danger, danger!!! Since you asked those questions, you are already having doubts. Listen to your brain, not your heart (or hormones).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.