Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#261892 01/07/08 12:15 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are going to Ambergris Caye Feb 11th - 15th , We don't dive but love to snorkel. We're interested in all day trips. Also my husband gets motion sick, so sail boats are out. How is the Manatee Snorkel combo? Is it a long boat ride? Is it a smooth or rough ride?

We also would be interested in Kayaking and or Hobby Cat or Jet Ski; any recommendations? I found some prices and they just seem to be totally outrageous.

Any recommendations for tour operators or tours would be greatly appreciated.

We are staying at Banana beach.

Thanks a bunch grin
Mary

S
S
we always use patojo's at the tides for snokeling and diving.

Mary,
The people at Banana Beach would set up/arrange trips for you at the same price the operators sell there trips for and it will be tons more convent for you.
Mary, I just called Bananna Beach to check prices and also make sure I'm giving accurate advice. they are the same in most cases but cheaper by 10.us on one trip...:-)
PS Ginger Tea is wonderful for sea sickness.
I just slice a thin slice of the root and put it in a cup of hot water with some honey and sometimes a little squirt of lime.

Last edited by elbert; 01/07/08 12:48 PM.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Have Banana Beach set you up with Alphonso Graniel for snorkeling Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley (1/2 day trip). You will have a blast and be amazed!

A
AlJ Offline
A
Mary
We'll be there when you are. We arrive on the 9th.

C
C
My wife gets motion sickness too and found Hol Chan to be a bit choppy, but we loved snorkeling Tres Cocos and Mexico Rocks. No sharks but lots of fish and very calm.

I get motion sickness from riding my golf cart to the office if the roads have pot holes! I feel like Doctor Seuss when I say that I feel ill on a train on a boat on a plane in a bus in a helicopter - and yes, also when I went skydiving and was in free fall - you name it.

HOWEVER - I don't let that stop me from going places and doing fun activities. I used to always take dramamine and have now figured out exactly how much I need to cut the pills down in order to not get ill and not too drowsy. I have also recently begun using some homeopathic remedies that work - without the drowsiness. When I travel I warn the folks around me that I have taken travel sickness medication so that they need to excuse me if I am not wild and bubbly and not to be upset if I simply drift off to sleep.

The ride to and from the Manatee areas are fairly fast paced and don't tend to induce motion sickness, and when they slow down to look for or watch the manatee the boats are usually in calm waters.

When you go to Hol Chan tell the guide that you are prone to travel sickness and he can be sure that you are the first one into the water and the last one out (less wave action when you are in the water.)

Ginger ale is a cure all for motion sickness too - but the affects are short-lived.

Don't let your vacation pass you by because of motion sickness - try the remedies and enjoy every last minute.

S
S
I went on to drugstore.com and they have a motion sickness medicine that the cruise ships use you can buy a bottle of 100 and it is not expensive. It is called meclazine. Search for motion sickness on the sight it comes up.

I am the same as amanda I get sick thinking about a boat but love to dive.

Some of my friends have had great success with the wrist bands.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

There is also a prescription you can get that's called Transderm Scop that may be helpful also just ask your doc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.