Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Marty #260884 12/28/07 12:16 PM
All i can say is awwwwwwwwwe!

Awwwe! Very neeto.

MALIBU #261152 01/01/08 02:01 PM
D
D
Great is all I can think of to say. Just think of the stories Denny will tell us abute what he is and has gone thrue this time. I really believe this will happen. My Dad went thru this 15 yrs before he died. Dad died in 1983 at 77 yrs old. It took him about 9 months to be able to rally kind of talk but one of the first things he told me was he could allways hear and understand what was going on around him. It was terribly frusttrating not to be able to talk. He told me he saw the brightlight and not to be afraid to die.

Danny2 #261154 01/01/08 02:49 PM
Denny has plenty of stories to tell I can assure you. HavinFun & I went to see him on Sunday. We arrived at the nursing home to find out he was back in the hospital after complaining of chest pains. Off to the hospital we went and I am happy to say he did not have a heart attack and I found him much better than he has been. His speech was so much improved just since my visit on Christmas day I could not believe it. You could clearly understand most of what he said and he said plenty.

He talked about his heart, that his Dad has a bad heart, his Mom has health problems and they are all worried about him. Yes he wants to go to Philly/NJ. He talked about Joanne and thanked me for keeping his family informed. I asked him if he wanted to go on the plane with me (I have volunteered to fly with him but not sure if that will be the case or not) and he said yes. I told him he had to promise to behave and not harrass the flight attendants to which he said, "If they aren't sexy"! laugh He asked me how we would get all his things to Philly & I told him not to worry. He told us he couldn't see well as they have lost his glasses and that we had to keep reminding him of things like who Debbie was as he has "screws loose in his head". I told him he has had screws loose for a long time. smile

His family is working diligently on getting all the paperwork completed with Medicare/Medicaid for the transfer and hopes to have it done in a couple of weeks. I think the prayers are working.

Debbie may want to elaborate further on anything I missed in this report. Happy New Year to all.

Windjammer #261155 01/01/08 02:54 PM
I
I
What a wonderful thing to read on this New Year's day! Thank you Windjammer. smile

Happy New Year everyone!

Islenutt #261157 01/01/08 03:50 PM
Angels come in many different ways -- I believe there is one amongst us.
Thanks WJ for the update.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love Truly, Laugh uncontrollably.
Thanks WJ! Glad to see he making improvement! Give him a hug and kiss for me and I'll keep sending prayers his way.

Happy New Year!

Take the road less traveled
WJ and HavinFun, you guys take the cake! You guys are so nice for helping out.

MALIBU #262137 01/08/08 02:42 PM
J
JoanneG Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi everyone,
Just to give you all an update on my dad. We are really trying to get my father back to the Philly/NJ area. My grandparents have found a nursing facility in NJ for my dad and we are really try to get my dad qualified for NJ Medicaid - needless to say, it has been difficult. The nursing home called and said that they do have a bed available for my dad, which is great. So we have two options on getting him back up here 1) ambulance which is $6,400 and 2) airplane - we would probably have to book first class for him. If we go the plane route - we would need some sort of transporation to get him to the plane. I'm hoping that will be okay for him to be on a plane. I'm really hoping that all works out really soon, it has been very stressful. Hopefully, we will be able to get him up here very shortly. Again, I want to personally thank each and every one of you for keeping my dad in your thoughts and prayers and a special thank you to Windjammer - you have been a lifesaver for me. Thanks again, Joanne

JoanneG #262315 01/09/08 01:21 PM
that is good news joanne. we will keep denny in our prayers. windjammer is a lil angel. pls don't tell her i said that, she will never let us forget it!!!

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.