Trouble Reaching Tanisha and Searious #263332
01/17/08 12:13 PM
01/17/08 12:13 PM
everywhere
T
totallytravel Offline
totallytravel  Offline
T
Have been emailing both Tanisha (for Lamanai tour) and Searious (for Bacala Chico snorkel tour) for a week and have yet to get a response. Confirmed emails for both, too. Cannot call (my cell phone service for some reason won't allow) and short of buying aphone card, I am trying to post my issue on several travel forums. We are 2 couples going to stay in a fab house (18 degrees latitude) north of San Pedro from Feb 9-16. We will go on some little side trips with the caretake of the property, but looking into the 2 trips indicated above. Has anyone else had trouble reaching Tanisha or Searious? My research shows the 2 trips above are being recommended - using Tanisha and Searious. Thanks loads.

tina
Re: Trouble Reaching Tanisha and Searious [Re: totallytravel] #263335
01/17/08 12:54 PM
01/17/08 12:54 PM
South Ambergris Caye
JZB Offline
JZB  Offline
Don't worry about it. It is a ways off and if they don't answer your emails, you can book those trips when you arrive. Even if you reserved these tours for a certain day, they won't guarantee the tour unless they have a certain # of people.

Re: Trouble Reaching Tanisha and Searious [Re: JZB] #263342
01/17/08 01:34 PM
01/17/08 01:34 PM
S
SimonB Offline OP

SimonB  Offline OP
S
Do you have a COMCAST e-mail account? It appears that IP addresses in Belize are being blocked by COMCAST (I have confirmed this with COMCAST) and reply e-mails from Belize are not getting through.

Businesses experiencing this problem can go to http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup.lasso to check if their IP address is being blocked.

Re: Trouble Reaching Tanisha and Searious [Re: totallytravel] #263348
01/17/08 02:40 PM
01/17/08 02:40 PM
Ontario, Canada
Travelgirl3 Offline
Travelgirl3  Offline
Hi Tina

I sent you a PM. Have a great trip!

Penny

Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Re: Trouble Reaching Tanisha and Searious [Re: Travelgirl3] #263349
01/17/08 02:43 PM
01/17/08 02:43 PM
Illinois
S
Scuba do Offline
Scuba do  Offline
S
Simon-
You have just opened my eyes to why my E-mails are returning,my cable company was recently aquired by COMCAST

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
Re: Trouble Reaching Tanisha and Searious [Re: Scuba do] #263350
01/17/08 02:56 PM
01/17/08 02:56 PM
bucks county, PA
sweetjane Offline
sweetjane  Offline
i have comcast.net and i have emailed people there. SIN gets my emails as does cloisters. is this a newer problem...what gives?

Re: Trouble Reaching Tanisha and Searious [Re: sweetjane] #263352
01/17/08 03:38 PM
01/17/08 03:38 PM
S
SimonB Offline OP

SimonB  Offline OP
S
I only started experiencing the problem in December. The problem seems to be only if your IP address has been associated with a spambot virus. As BTL uses dynamic IP addressing you can end up with an IP address that someone else was using who may have had a spambot on their system. I've checked my system fully and have no issues with any kind of virus so that's the only explanation I can think of. You can request removal from the blacklist database and within a few minutes Spamhuas will try and infiltrate your system, if they can't you come off the blacklist.

It's also only sending TO COMCAST addresses. I had been receiving e-mails from clients asking why I hadn't confirmed their orders (when I had repeatedly.) That was when I did the research and found out the problem.

Re: Trouble Reaching Tanisha and Searious [Re: SimonB] #263356
01/17/08 04:00 PM
01/17/08 04:00 PM
Land of Lincoln, Illinois
cakelee Offline
cakelee  Offline
Simon, your explanation sounds plausible, as the Belize connection (I am not in BZ) was the only reason I could figure out as to why comcast users wouldn't receive my email, even though I could get theirs.

SJ - you may want to check to make sure others who have emailed you aren't waiting for a response (because you didn't get the message).

I had to use a different email address (on the same computer) to get through to comcast users, who requested through Comcast to allow me through. Email to them seems to work ok now.

Scuba - former Insight users in Spfld are not happy with the change either

Re: Trouble Reaching Tanisha and Searious [Re: cakelee] #263378
01/17/08 05:27 PM
01/17/08 05:27 PM

P
pedro2
Unregistered
pedro2
P
I know one ISP in Britain (AOL) that a couple of years ago had a block on ALL mail from Belize. After I complained it took maybe a week before it was resolved satisfactorily - but it was.

You have to understand that spam accounts for an enormous proportion of the load on major servers worldwide. Until they find some way of either preventing it being sent or intercepting it en route I can understand why they want to block IPs that they know produce a lot of it. I read somewhere that most spam (>85%) is produced by about 6 people, mostly in or associated with Russia.

Re: Trouble Reaching Tanisha and Searious [Re: ] #263421
01/18/08 09:02 AM
01/18/08 09:02 AM
S
SimonB Offline OP

SimonB  Offline OP
S
My theory is half right. BTL does use dynamic IP but only within their own network. We all go through routers at BTL before going into the "real" world. That means that we all have the same IP address as far as the spam tracking companies are concerned. It also means that if one computer in Belize has a spambot it can trigger a blacklist for the router and therefore every computer on that router.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 61 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics73,595
Posts486,351
Members19,803
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.