Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#263915 01/22/08 12:37 PM
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm getting complaints from guest about being stopped by Time Share people on the streets , I thought the Town board had passed a ruling against this.
Two thick British accents representing Reef Village are apparently pulling over in their golf cart to proposition Tourist walking on the streets.
The complaints are in the nature of, 'What part of No don't they understand'.
:-(

Last edited by elbert; 01/22/08 12:37 PM.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
As soon as the rain stopped this morning they were out in full force on the beach. Only the police can do anything about it and either they don't know about the law or are turning a blind eye.

If at all possible, grab photos, names or the name of the resort where they work.

Will find out how to make an official complaint and post here. By the way not only did the town board create regulations, the time share law is now enacted too.

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Reef Village , Two Britts, man and woman in Golf cart
I personally heard them and watched them go up and down main st. stopping tourist walking ,hustling for Reef Village.
There is a big gap in Town Board rules and enforcement. I'm not sure the local police are aware of this Town Board decision to keep reins on time share hustlers molesting tourist on the street.

Last edited by elbert; 01/22/08 03:07 PM.

White Sands Dive Shop
S
S
I'm not sure that taking their pictures would make them, or who they work for all that happy. They may be working for Reef Village now but they were all working for Banyan Bay before.

Well, we know who they are so that is a good start. The Reef Village time share has just come into existence recently but it looks like the other time share entities are, for the most part, abiding by the new law.

The police are being made aware of the problem and will hopefully be giving it some much needed attention - but I wouldn't hold my breath on this until after elections!

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Definitely they said Reef Village, I'm not familiar with the operation there are they selling those as Time Share/
I love how the name goes from time share to vacation sharing or what ever they can call it to escape the conentation of con pan handler

White Sands Dive Shop
Amanda, I'm not sure whether you've seen it last Saturday, when we were approaching the school in the alley across the street, we were being chased (and that wasn't the first time) by a time share sales man from Captain Morgan's in a golf cart. When he saw us he entered the alley with such high speed that I was afraid he would run over my daughter. He kept following us till we crossed the street and and entered the gate. He even didn't give up when we told him that we were living in San Pedro and were definitely not interested.

Guess the land sharks are hungry this time of year.

S
S
And those alleys are some of their favourite hunting grounds, they sit and wait until a tourist comes down the beach and then they attack. The stretch between Wet Willy's and Boca Del Rio park is also a popular stalking ground.

Do these people have work permits - and if so, how the heck did they get them. Maybe if Town Board is not interested, Immigration and/or Labour are?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.