Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
The cold/flu signs and symptoms can turn into bronchitis, which is bacterial. This can be treated with antibiotics, as well as some pneumonias, so if it got to that point, the antibiotics would help. Otherwise, you are wasting your $$ with antibiotics and viral issues...if it clears it, it was bacterial. Medicine isn't an exact science, so it's worth a shot if you are feeling poopy. If it helps, good for you! Without certain cultures/swabs, you wouldn't know what the cause was, anyhow.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
E
E
I still go with the Genie in the JB bottle. smile

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
The best/only cure is get vaccinated against the most common and dangerous current strain. I was just in England and vaccinations are given free there to certain groups of people - I qualified.

Influenza is to be taken seriously, as it's a killer. Though I'm just a layman and bow to any input from our resident nurse!

S
S
as a science teacher speaking in her most authoritative voice: Don't take antibiotics if you have a viral infection- it only makes the bacteria you have in your body more likely to become antibiotic resistant! Which is why we have these mega bacterial infections that can't be treated by any current antibiotics. If you have a bacterial infection, then yes, you do need antibiotics but otherwise it's best to just let the virus ride its course and do what you can to feel better.

That said, I swear by dayquil (can't take nyquil- it makes me pass out in the mornings), rest, and lots of fluids and TV/beach time.

The shot you got is most likely a vitamin complex shot that had B vitamins of some sort, and probably some iron, and zinc. Those are all things that will help you feel better if you're running low on energy and feeling icky.

do I have to get shots to go there? 8o)
I agree that you shouldn't take antbx for viral bugs, but sometimes you don't know if it's viral or bacterial, and in that case, it is sometimes recommended that you take some kind of bug juice. But, don't stop taking it when you feel better...take the WHOLE bottle as prescribed. It is often when people stop taking the med because they feel better before taking the whole course, but the bug hasn't fully died yet, and it comes back stronger and resistant to the antibiotic. Ideally, the recommendation of playing the bug out is best, but sometimes it isn't practical. And, how many people insist on getting a prescription when they pay for a doctors visit, even if you explain to them it won't help. They want to get something for their money, even if it won't help them. Go figure. Too bad doctors can't prescribe placebo meds. Would help an awful lot.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Go to the web site: http://www.puretango.com and
buy the Chinese Herb preparation called: Immunophase.

This was used effectively by Chinese medicine doctors to cure SARS during that epidemic in China while the western doctors in China were getting SARS and could do nothing for their patients
but make them worse.

Also read the book OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT by Morton Walker who recommends the Olive Leaf Extract brand made by EAST PARK RESEARCH. Olive Leaf Extract is one of nature's miracle natural antibiotics. It has been proven to disable most every pathogenic organism known to man.

FEEDthePOOR

SAFE offshore banking for YOU !
S
S
Lead testing kit included? wink

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.